RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Kennel Water Bowl

Tags
water bowl
3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  TexGold 
#1 ·
Looking for a bowl for the outside kennels that the dog cannot tip over/jump in? Never had a problem with just a simple bowl until this dog. Hoping for something to attach to the fence. Something that is not plastic so can't be chewed either. I'm probably looking in the wrong places, but can't find what I need.

#5 ·
Once again, they don't make 'em like they used to! I have a pair of buckets with hooks that I bought 6 years ago that are still perfect. I got another one, looked identical, about 2.5 years ago where the hook broke off the second or third day I had it. Remember Sharon? Anyway, the snaps are the answer, probably safer too for a dog that is determined to play with the buckets.

#6 ·
I use the flat sided buckets that have a hook and a handle. I secure them to the fence in my yard or to the door on their crate using snap hooks like you see at the end of the dog leash.

Dogsafield has them, though I think I got mine at either Cabelas or Gundogsupply:

Mine have held up well for over two years so far.

My dog likes to play with the water dishes, but I haven't seen her try to pull them off of the fence (yet).

I need a better solution for winter, though.

#9 ·
I had the same problem and at the advice of some great mind on RTF this is what I did and it's worked great....I used the bucket and two way snaps suggested BUT took it a step further. I got a milk crate and put 1/2 of a cement block in the bottom of the milk crate, put the bucket on top of the block (it sits about an inch above the crate) and then clipped the bucket handle to the kennel. Mine is a chewer too but for some reason he's never chewed the crate nor has he turned the bucket/crate over. It's made life much easier. Thanks again RTF.

#10 ·
#13 ·
Here's my solution. They are plastic, but made to resist horses. Dogs haven't been able to put much of a tooth mark in them in 4 years. Did get the hose once, but got a piece wrapped in wire and stopped that. Plus with the brackets one can bolt it to a 1x6 on the other side of the chain link. Not going to turn that over. Tractor Supply

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.