The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Military Spending

Default Military Spending

spectator.org/articles/57633/debbie-does-usaf

The in-economy of size is also present in the military.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Aside from the software issues cracks in the frame and turbines were recently found. Initially when I read your article I thought it was crazy to scrap the F-35, but it may be time to do just that and start over with another company if not another idea all together.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Aside from the software issues cracks in the frame and turbines were recently found. Initially when I read your article I thought it was crazy to scrap the F-35, but it may be time to do just that and start over with another company if not another idea all together.
    Well ... I'm not certain there is another company now. Didn't Boeing, McDonnell-Douglas and Lockheed Martin all come together? Who's left?

The key is to ask, " Do we need anything with capability beyond the F-22?" Granted it is an air to air platform but so was the F-15 until the F-15 Strike Eagle came along.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

I think we need something new. Not to put down the idea of the F-22 and expanding its roll, but their is genuine need to upgrade.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I think we need something new. Not to put down the idea of the F-22 and expanding its roll, but their is genuine need to upgrade.
    Funny last time I looked the f-35 was still a down grade from the f-22. The f-35 is designed to replace several currently operational airframes. It will save money in the long run because most parts will be interchangeable and the people who service them will also be cross trained rather than only working on specific airframes. Thinking back there was also calls for the f-16 to be shut down because of costs and problems, it went on to becoming one of our best sellers.

The airframe itself seems to be structurally unsound. The software systems are a mess. This far into the program the prescribed savings from having a universal airframe have diminished. One of reports I read on it described as a Multirole aircraft, but it is good at none of them. We are still 6 years away from being able to field one, assuming that the cracks in the airframe do not slow down development anymore. It is already 400 billion into development and rising and could double that before we spend a trillion dollars buying them. The plane is a money pit and does not seem to be the first rate aircraft we will want in the future.