The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My official response to tonight SOTU speech

Quote Originally Posted by BrettG View Post
    I don't care about job numbers, oil production, or employment percentage. All I know is my groceries cost more, health care cost more, gas is more expensive and dog food has gone up; however, my income hasn't. Is he to blame? Is congress? Or is it the big companies with their high paid top end I don't know. All the liberal media say things are better, fox says they're worse the stock market is higher than ever yet I'm getting poorer. I once was a proud member of the middle class, now I'm just making ends meet and feel like I did 25 years ago when I was in college, married, and had my first child. I don't believe that just because you are wealthy you should pay a higher percentage of tax than I do but I do feel that EVERYONE should pay the same percentage. All the income inequality class warfare crap is just a ploy to keep the low income voters on the side of the dems and enraged at the wealthy. If they truly wanted to equal things out they'd do away with all the tax exemptions and go with the flat tax.
    Ok, I'm stepping down from my soapbox before I get knocked off.
    Please don't step off the soapbox Brett. This forum could use some unadulterated real life facts

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    What I heard is that unemployment lowest its been in a long time, good housing market, more oil production at home in several decades, strong manufacturing, etc.

A strong focus on education and making sure these trade schools are on mission, focus on pre-k as well as higher ed.

Iran's nuclear program reduction through a joint effort with our allies when a year are two a go you guys wanted us to attack them...saying that is the only way

Finally out of Afghanistan this year

Strong stock market

You guys that hate Obama need to pay attention, he has done his job!
    menmon,

Unemployment Rate - U-6 rate was unchanged in December at 13.1 percent and January's numbers are not yet published...

, this “real” unemployment figure, seasonally adjusted, includes the unemployed “plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons ….”The U-6 rate captures the fuller picture of people who are willing and able to work, but cannot find a job. This number is ridiculously high and no substantive improvement has been seen since Obama took office!

The only focus on education is to do whatever it takes to keep the NEA and there members in line with the Democrats...nothing real for the kids

Iran is laughing all the way to the bank, Obama lifts sanctions and then Iran tells the world they are continuing to develop a nuclear weapon! Or did you miss that on CNN?

Obama promised to get us out of Afganistan this year, regardless what his generals tell him! Of course looking at the many other promises Obama has made, I would not count your chickens yet!

Stock market has barely half as many investors in it as it did in 2008. The only reason it stays high is that the Fed's under Obama, continue to purchase 50 Billion dollars of bonds a month....this money is all dept, we have no money, your kids and Grandkids will pay for this at a later date.....Still feeling good Menmon??? I don't hate Obama, but I do hate how he is tearing down our country....

Your the one who needs to "Pay Attention"

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................I do feel that EVERYONE should pay the same percentage. All the income inequality class warfare crap is just a ploy to keep the low income voters on the side of the dems and enraged at the wealthy. If they truly wanted to equal things out they'd do away with all the tax exemptions and go with the flat tax.
    Good post ! .................................................. .................................................. .........
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    menmon,

Unemployment Rate - U-6 rate was unchanged in December at 13.1 percent and January's numbers are not yet published...

, this “real” unemployment figure, seasonally adjusted, includes the unemployed “plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons ….”The U-6 rate captures the fuller picture of people who are willing and able to work, but cannot find a job. This number is ridiculously high and no substantive improvement has been seen since Obama took office!

The only focus on education is to do whatever it takes to keep the NEA and there members in line with the Democrats...nothing real for the kids

Iran is laughing all the way to the bank, Obama lifts sanctions and then Iran tells the world they are continuing to develop a nuclear weapon! Or did you miss that on CNN?

Obama promised to get us out of Afganistan this year, regardless what his generals tell him! Of course looking at the many other promises Obama has made, I would not count your chickens yet!

Stock market has barely half as many investors in it as it did in 2008. The only reason it stays high is that the Fed's under Obama, continue to purchase 50 Billion dollars of bonds a month....this money is all dept, we have no money, your kids and Grandkids will pay for this at a later date.....Still feeling good Menmon??? I don't hate Obama, but I do hate how he is tearing down our country....

Your the one who needs to "Pay Attention"

Whatever!!!

I don't care about job numbers, oil production, or employment percentage. All I know is my groceries cost more, health care cost more, gas is more expensive and dog food has gone up; however, my income hasn't. Is he to blame? Is congress? Or is it the big companies with their high paid top end I don't know. All the liberal media say things are better, fox says they're worse the stock market is higher than ever yet I'm getting poorer. I once was a proud member of the middle class, now I'm just making ends meet and feel like I did 25 years ago when I was in college, married, and had my first child. I don't believe that just because you are wealthy you should pay a higher percentage of tax than I do but I do feel that EVERYONE should pay the same percentage. All the income inequality class warfare crap is just a ploy to keep the low income voters on the side of the dems and enraged at the wealthy. If they truly wanted to equal things out they'd do away with all the tax exemptions and go with the flat tax.
    I highly recommend that you not buy into the right rhetoric if you are looking for a break.

The flat tax would be great for me, but would suck for you...so be careful what you wish for....just pay attention to who is lobbing for it and it will answer much!

Quote Originally Posted by HuntClub View Post
    Who's this Cruse guy you speak of, Buzz?
    He is an idiot that just happens to be a US Senator from Texas

How exactly is that different from the idiot in the White House? Let's see each had at least one foreign born parent, both attended Ivy League schools (while only one may have actually attended classes), both were/are a United States Senator, both are extremely wealthy, oh wait yes they do have differing political views!
    Last edited by coachmo; 01-29-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    He is an idiot that just happens to be a US Senator from Texas
    You're sarcasm meter must be broke. Funny you accuse anyone of buying any rehtoric when you have your mouth stuffed full of the lefts ideology. Oh, just forget it.

HuntClub, dumb is dumb no way around it! I wouldn't try to reason it if I were you. You won't get anywhere! Just remember the progressives are supposed to be the smart ones! If you don't believe me just ask one. They have real high IQ's and such!

Hunt club, Menmom knows not of what he speaks. When painted into a corner, he just disappears only to paint himself into another corner somewhere else.He means well.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth