The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My official response to tonight SOTU speech

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    What I heard is that unemployment lowest its been in a long time, good housing market, more oil production at home in several decades, strong manufacturing, etc.

A strong focus on education and making sure these trade schools are on mission, focus on pre-k as well as higher ed.

Iran's nuclear program reduction through a joint effort with our allies when a year are two a go you guys wanted us to attack them...saying that is the only way

Finally out of Afghanistan this year

Strong stock market

You guys that hate Obama need to pay attention, he has done his job!
    You would...................

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Hunt club, Menmom knows not of what he speaks. When painted into a corner, he just disappears only to paint himself into another corner somewhere else.He means well.

Not sure he disappears because he's backed into a corner. Menmon runs his own business. Anyone who has done that realizes that you're not done until everything is done. If you want to stay in business you work until everyone is taken care of. When you're busy, time spent here is time time poorly spent.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Not sure he disappears because he's backed into a corner. Menmon runs his own business. Anyone who has done that realizes that you're not done until everything is done. If you want to stay in business you work until everyone is taken care of. When you're busy, time spent here is time time poorly spent.
    Buzz, I feel sorry for his dog(s)...

if one has lots of style and talent, it is held back until the others can catch up. They all are rewarded exactly the same regardless of the quality of the effort or ability. If one get's hurt he will sell some of the other dogs to pay for the medical bill or he will force the neighbors to help pay for the cost of care. Finally, when they pass, he feeds their remains to those dogs that remain as part of their rightful inheritance. Yet he was a banker and ran his own business...how remarkable!

One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I highly recommend that you not buy into the right rhetoric if you are looking for a break.

The flat tax would be great for me, but would suck for you...so be careful what you wish for....just pay attention to who is lobbing for it and it will answer much!
    Please explain how a flat tax would be bad for me? I make just enough money right now that I paid 17.4% tax last year and my wife's disability was taxed as well so together we paid about 20% total tax. It didn't bother me to pay that percentage. The reason most don't want the flat tax is 20% of 40000 isn't much but 20% of 4000000 is.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettG View Post
    Please explain how a flat tax would be bad for me? I make just enough money right now that I paid 17.4% tax last year and my wife's disability was taxed as well so together we paid about 20% total tax. It didn't bother me to pay that percentage. The reason most don't want the flat tax is 20% of 40000 isn't much but 20% of 4000000 is.
    The guy who makes $40,000 is going to miss his 20% a lot more than the guy making $4,000,000. Or a guy making $400,000, for that matter.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I agree Paul, but the way it is now the guy that makes the 400,000 or 4,000,000 can move his around invest, use loopholes and things and not pay 20%. That's why I like the flat tax idea. Do away with all the exemptions and credits and let everyone pay. Why should I pay a higher percentage than mitt Romney or Barack obama

I agree Paul, but the way it is now the guy that makes the 400,000 or 4,000,000 can move his around invest, use loopholes and things and not pay 20%. That's why I like the flat tax idea. Do away with all the exemptions and credits and let everyone pay. Why should I pay a higher percentage than mitt Romney or Barack obama
    Because the system is rigged, you do not have a legion of K-street lobbyists looking out for you, and because someone has to pay some of the bills so the job creators are free to create jobs rather than pay more taxes

an even greater problem are the huge number of americans who make $12,000. instead of paying $2,800 on brett's flat tax, they report and pay nothing, get $850 ebt/month(food stamps), $600/month section 8 and a tax refund of $8,400 due to the 5 kids he fathered tax credit. this young man works for one of my subcontractors(april thru jan....wonder why he takes the $8,400 worth of vacation) and he shared these numbers with me. it totals almost $40k.(is that rigged or not henry?)

so the problem imho is not that warren buffett, brett, mjh345 and i have deductions, lobbyists or tax avoidance strategies. the problem is THEY ARE GIVING ALL THE DANG MONEY WE PAY IN AWAY in JANUARY BEFORE WE ALL PAY UP ON APRIL 15TH!
    john mccallie

A 20% flat tax is an excessive percentage! If our Federal Government lived within the confines of The Constitution, a flat 3% would be more than enough. Don't forget that the government collects money outside of just taxes on everything from usage taxes to royalties.

The reality is that we don't even need the government's instrument of terror, the IRS. Abolish the IRS and just install a 1%-3% consumption fee.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-30-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org