The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thunder Launcher Question

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Burns View Post
    We early on had a Max 5000. It was awful and we had two repairs costing more than $200 a time. Then we got a Thunder and have still had major issues and just sort of gave up on it. Lots of $$$ and no happiness with either product.
    I got a Max when they first came out and I never got it to work properly. I have had no problems with my Thunder, though. Given my history with the Max, I was reluctant but used a friends enough to see how well they worked and was sick of messing with the bumper boys.

We early on had a Max 5000. It was awful and we had two repairs costing more than $200 a time. Then we got a Thunder and have still had major issues and just sort of gave up on it. Lots of $$$ and no happiness with either product.

I would highly recommend contacting Doug or Danielle at Thunder. They are good people and will help you out with the issue I'm sure.

Sounds like both Tri-tronis and Dogta work - I have 2- 500's and use Tri-tronics - They work just fine

I have 3 5000's paired with TT electronics. No problems here, however I have become quite efficient at trouble shooting problem's with 5000's. I bought mine second hand so I'm not sure how well they were right out the box, but most of my problems have been very simple repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by ateupwithquack View Post
    I have 3 5000's paired with TT electronics. No problems here, however I have become quite efficient at trouble shooting problem's with 5000's. I bought mine second hand so I'm not sure how well they were right out the box, but most of my problems have been very simple repairs.
    Some of us more so than others. Simple concept and almost bullet proof if you take care of them.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Some of us more so than others. Simple concept and almost bullet proof if you take care of them.
    Maybe I should open up a launcher repair shop. If only I'd get the "Rock" dog bidness it'd be successful.