The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AKC hunt test limit dogs per handler?

Quote Originally Posted by billbe View Post
    How about having Pro Flights that cost more so you can hire the help and owner handler flights where the owners all help out with throwing birds. Would it work to start the Pro's on Thursday with hired help and owners on Saturday? Just a thought that is out of the box from what I have seen.
    Good thinking outside the box however A. how is charging the Pro and his client 'more' fair and B. it's hard enough for most folks to run a 3 day test much less 4. Including Judges who would have to arrive Wednesday to look at grounds.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

It wouldn't take much to solve the problem

Basically with a little fine tuneing ....
    Figure out the cutoff number. At the draw, all who wish to run a dog in the test can get entered run one before any one can get enter to run two. If there is still room do the same for those wishing to run more than one. No one can enter to run three before all who wish to get two get entered to run two; and so on..... No refunds before the draw, after the draw none for those dogs selected

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 02-02-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

That's a little 'fine' tuning? Where does all this occur? EE?

I am not a noble person...It hacks me that pros with more ability than me running dogs for people with more money than me crowd me out of running and I go work to help them..
    I really don't think this was the intent of hunt tests.
    I think one requirement should be that dogs spend a minimum of X number of days actually hunting in order to be elgible...no, I have no idea how that could be verified...

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Brakke View Post
    Does it matter if the club is a member of Master National Club?

An AKC Club that is a member of the Master National Club (requires a separate fee to MN from the club) will have the dogs passing their club's Master Test qualify towards the total number of Master Passes that dog requires to be invited to the MN. If a club is not a MN Club Member, a Master Pass at that club's test will only count towards an AKC Master title and not towards the total number of Master passes required for a MN invite.
    right on !!
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

I have my dog with a Pro.

I enter my dog on EE when he calls.

Let me tell ya.. When your trainer calls you at 10pm (11 pm where he is) you kinda Panic that it is bad news... Nope.. He was just calling to tell me to get her entered in a Master Test at College Station and he wasnt sure how long it would be open... I pulled my horse trailer off on the side of the road, and entered her on my iPhone... Do you have any idea how maddening it is to go thru EE on an iPhone? Pain in the butt... But thats what it is right now.

He has been locked out of Master tests.. so I know to drop everything and enter when he calls. With that said... It isnt much different than rodeos.. Its an all out panic to get into the performance you want or the rodeo you want!
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Dixie's Crimson Tide MH (Yup...a Golden!)

Marks-A-Lot's Irish Boy- AKA"The Pup"

You said a mouthful clipper. I am not sure what one has to do with another though.

I work a test to help club who helps me. Whether I run my dog or not. People should be able to run their own test if they want to, I agree. I suspect their are quite a few complaining about not getting in club tests they have nothing to do with.

Wouldn't part of the problem be solved if the HT secretary sent a group e mail to all club members that the HT was now open on EE.
    I know some clubs do that now.
    Tom Dorroh

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    Wouldn't part of the problem be solved if the HT secretary sent a group e mail to all club members that the HT was now open on EE.
    I know some clubs do that now.
    EE and AKC have to finalize the test, this process may take a month. You never know when it will finalize with out checking all the time. Some HT fill in a couple of hours.

Thanks David

So unless you check every 4 hours or so, or maybe a friend gives you a heads up, you're out of luck.
    Tom Dorroh