The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Looking at buying my first Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Advice and help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post
    I know of a repeat breeding of a DC/AFC to a MH/QAA female. PM me and I can put you in touch with the owner.
    Yes, a really nice breeding. I spoke with the owner of the dam last week.

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

chessieinfo.net is a good website for pedigrees. That breeding is really nice. I like it a lot. Better get on it quick if that is what you want to do. The pups are right around a year old now so the only one I know of has ran in a derby but I do not know about any hunt tests. Get in touch with Alan and let him answer any questions you have.

Russell
    CH Chisholm Trail's Backdraft Bay MH**
    Chisholm Trail's Crossfire Sophie JH**
    "I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regrets"

I need Alan's contact info. If anyone has it please PM it to me.

I've had 5 chessies in my life. Everyone was a joy and a pleasure as long as you maintain the pack leader status. My last male, was my wife's dog 95% of the time. The 5% that he was mine, was in the fall when it was time to hunt. If she was around, the only way he would do anyting was if she "asked" him to do it. funny story here. She always shared little bits of whatever she was eating with him. I told her that someday she would regret it. So on a sunday afternoon, I put some burgers on the grill and fried some taters in the deep fryer. She had a plate and was sitting in the recliner in the living room. "Hoss" walked up and gave her that look that he wanted some. She told him to lay down. He did, briefly. Then got up and gave her the look again. She told him to lay down again, which he did, briefly. Third time he gets up and gives her the look, she tells him to lay down, which he does, only this time, he launches himself into her lap in the recliner. Wife, dog and food tipped over backwards from the chair. Needless to say, he got his share of the dinner the wife was eating. What could she say? She had been warned, and all I could do was laugh so hard that my stomach ached and tears were running down my face.