The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Looking at buying my first Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Advice and help appreciated.

Reminds me of one of our clients from back in the 60`s.Ken Kujala.The guy was a duck hunting legend in our area.He was a "rock rat" as he hunted all the breakwalls along erie.
    One day he brought a bunch of ducks to put in our freezer for training and explained how his dog would "go out to sea"making multiple retrieves but when he took him into the bar after the hunt he wouldnt even do a simple single in the bar!!Haaa! His famous quote that I still use in his old finland accent is "Jimmy,they will let you down all the time" Jim
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post
    And let's not forget the "bumper attack" story. Truly shows the intelligence and sense of humor.

Scout has a habit of picking up the bumpers correctly, then slowing down as he gets close and then cigaring them. Why? Because he can. It's a little game he plays. I suggested seeing if we could clean it up, so we used a bumper with a PVC pipe reducer on the tab end. When Scout realized he couldn't get hold of the tab end, he got so frustrated! The look on his face was priceless. Anyway, that bumper got tossed into the pile behind us with all the others we'd used on that setup. As we are all standing there talking, Scout went over to the pile, dug out that particular bumper, and attacked it, trying to get rid of the pipe reducer. He wanted that PVC off of there NOW!

What can you do except laugh?

Thats funny ,and how about chessies and stickmen? Adds a whole new dimension to training!!!!!!! Jim
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    You're on the right track with help from Bill; there's nothing better than a good mentor with his many years of experience and success at the highest levels. Not to mention...it's just very satisfying to own this breed, because as you probably learned from your research, it's the only sporting dog bred entirely here in the U.S., by us, for us, for our hunting country. I'd never be one to disparage Labs, in fact to most people that contact me trying to decide between a Lab and a CBR, I suggest they get the Lab. If you want a CBR, you don't have to be talked into it.
    Not true Julie we have the labradoodle.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

I believe I know the breeding you are referring to and if I'm correct a couple of folks on here have pups from the previous breeding, including myself. So far lot's of good stuff from the ones I have seen perform and the owners I have spoken with.

Wade

I know of a repeat breeding of a DC/AFC to a MH/QAA female. PM me and I can put you in touch with the owner.

Hi Wade! Yes it's the Rudy Fatty breeding. Repeat breeding. Pups expected March .
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

I know of a repeat breeding of a DC/AFC to a MH/QAA female. PM me and I can put you in touch with the owner.
    Is that Alan Sandifer?

Quote Originally Posted by moscowitz View Post
    Hi Wade! Yes it's the Rudy Fatty breeding. Repeat breeding. Pups expected March .
    I guess that answers that question lol. So how old are the previous pups now? Any JH's yet or to young still?

Is there any resource I can use to pull up pedigrees from call names? I am trying to do some research but not having a lot of luck finding pedigrees off just a call name.

Get a black one !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I need to add a generic post so I can send PM's so here is number 10 lol.