The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another anti-Constitutional spewing from a Democrat Icon.

Default Another anti-Constitutional spewing from a Democrat Icon.

It really confounds me how anyone can still follow the Democrat platform, when they continue to send out their leaders that are so arrogent in their attempts to sway public opinion.

Good friend and fellow conservative who authors the "Say anything blog" in North Dakota, Rob Port, sends along this article. By now many of you have heard of this bit of Democrat BS that will no doubt find followers even among some on this BB.

This again points out the necessity for a full frontal attack by every concerned voter in this nation. We either get our government going in a different direction, or we will suffer the consequences for generations.

UB

Democrat Senator: The IRS Should Do Something About Republicans Controlling The House

And the “something” the Senator, Chuck Schumer, wants done is a crack down on all those tea party groups with their ridiculous notions about free speech:

Arguing that Tea Party groups have a financial advantage after the Supreme Court’s 2010 Citizens United decision, Schumer said the Obama administration should bypass Congress and institute new campaign finance rules through the IRS.

“It is clear that we will not pass anything legislatively as long as the House of Representatives is in Republican control, but there are many things that can be done administratively by the IRS and other government agencies—we must redouble those efforts immediately,” Schumer said.

“One of the great advantages the Tea Party has is the huge holes in our campaign finance laws created [by] the ill advised decision [Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission],” Schumer said. “Obviously the Tea Party elites gained extraordinary influence by being able to funnel millions of dollars into campaigns with ads that distort the truth and attack government.”

The Obama administration proposed new IRS restrictions on campaign related activity by tax-exempt groups last November. The rules would crack down on “candidate-related political activity,” which includes advocacy “for a clearly identified political candidate or candidates of a political party” and communications that are “made within 60 days of a general election (or within 30 days of a primary election) and clearly identify a candidate or political party.”

To be clear, the tea party groups Schumer is complaining about follow the same set of rules and laws everybody else has to. There isn’t some special exemption in the law for right-of-center groups. Left-wing groups can, and do, operate exactly the same way “tea party” groups do.

“Our opponents know the single most dangerous thing to give us is the right to vote,” Vice President Joe Biden said, jabbing at Republicans, in a Martin Luther King Day address.

That’s not true, of course. The only people Republicans want to deny the vote to are people who cannot legally vote. But I would point out that Democrats seem to think that free speech, and free association, are pretty dangerous things for the public to have given their incessant push for harsher restrictions on political activity.

It’s amazing that a United States Senator would stand up and tout an IRS crackdown aimed at a partisan outcome.

It seems to me that, once upon a time, a politician making public calls for government policies aimed at marginalizing a specific political movement would have faced criticism from all sides of the political arena.

I’m reminded of something Michael Goodwin wrote in a recent column about the took, The Great Mirror of Folly: Finance, Culture, and the Crash of 1720:
    The authors, according to a Wall Street Journal article, don’t accuse investors of being irrational. They included Isaac Newton and believed new corporate structures would protect them and that trade with the New World marked a global transformation.

In the long run, they were right. But caught up in market mania and blind faith in momentum, they dramatically overpaid for stocks.

That is common bubble behavior, but a similar mania can happen in political movements and turn them into bubbles, too.

For example, one of the book’s authors told the Journal that a clear sign of a market bubble is when investors discount all evidence that doesn’t fit their belief.
    He called that a “hinge point” that leads investors to a “binary framework where anybody who disagrees with them is demonized.”
    That perfectly describes the cult of Barack Obama and the bubble of liberalism he embodies.
    It seems Democrats are at that stage now. They’re right, and anyone who might see the world differently is a racist or an extremist who should be silenced and/or marginalized.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Hey Bill, shouldn't the progressives be worried about the impending loss of control of the Senate????
    Last edited by road kill; 01-24-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Bill,
    I share your frustration. But who the heck is going to do anything? Eric Holder? I don't think so....Senate or House of Reps....?? Not enough with backbones...in theory, it is up to us voters.....but to many splinter groups of so called Conservatives that will not vote or vote third party...

It is not a pretty picture anyway you cut it....and that is why I think these Liberal Loons can get away with anything, including our President....!

The only way to 'start' getting some common sense into the DC crowd, and halt this regimes complete takeover, is to vote for ANYTHING or ANYONE that doesn't have a 'D' after their name.

Unfortunately, we in Sodak have only one change we can make...replacing our former democrat rubber-stamp fool with anything not in the Democrat party. I can only hope we have enough of us to offset Buzz and his crowd of lefties.

I'm still of the belief there are many others that are beginning to understand what this country is up against, and are fed up with the present direction it's taking. Time to remove the likes of Dingy Harry from running things, and regain some semblance of order by gaining the majority in the Senate. We need another turnout like we had in the 2010 elections. If we do, I believe the results will be very similar.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I don't think any political group should have tax exempt status, not liberals, not conservatives, and not your beloved tea partiers.

I love this statement:

" The only people Republicans want to deny the vote to are people who cannot legally vote."

Pure
    genius.

And this:

"
    But I would point out that Democrats seem to think that free speech, and free association, are pretty dangerous things for the public to have given their incessant push for harsher restrictions on political activity."

Seriously?

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

This is the same IRS that is responsible for Obamacare oversight and enforcement.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    This is the same IRS that is responsible for Obamacare oversight and enforcement.

I didn't explain myself when I commented above. It turns out that the NYT Editorial Board did it for me in today's paper.

It blows me away that you all seem to think it preferable to live a country whose political system is controlled by a small number of ultra rich sociopaths whose sole goal in life is to collect all of the world's riches for themselves. I'm sure they really care about you, your family, and your country. You all are way more concerned about hundreds of thousands of union members having the ability to pool their individually meager resources to defend their interests in favor of these few ultra rich being able to spend vast fortunes in secret to defend their interests.

The Koch Party

Only a few weeks into this midterm election year, the right-wing political zeppelin is fully inflated with secret cash and is firing malicious falsehoods at supporters of health care reform.

As Carl Hulse of The Times reported recently, Democrats have been staggered by a $20 million advertising blitz produced by Americans for Prosperity, the conservative advocacy group organized and financed by the Koch brothers, billionaire industrialists. The ads take aim at House and Senate candidates for re-election who have supported the health law, and blame them for the hyped-up problems with the law’s rollout that now seem to be the sole plank in this year’s Republican platform.

In one typical example, the group’s ad against Representative Gary Peters of Michigan, a Democrat who is running for an open Senate seat, is full of distortions and lies. It accuses Mr. Peters of lying when he said the law bars cancellations of insurance policies. Mr. Peters happened to be right, as millions of people who once faced losing all insurance after they got sick now appreciate. The 225,000 Michigan residents who the ad said received “cancellation notices” were actually told that they could change to a better policy; they were not told they could no longer have insurance, as the ad implies. And though the ad said health care costs are “skyrocketing,” national spending on health care is now growing at the slowest pace ever recorded, in part because of the reform law.

Democrats intend to counter this campaign with the facts, but few of the candidates have the money to do so now. As a result, the campaign is taking a serious political toll, increasing the chances that Republicans who support a repeal of the law will win back the Senate majority this fall.

Naturally, Democrats are using the campaign to increase their own fund-raising, begging donors to give unlimited amounts to left-leaning super PACs and advocacy groups. But it is unlikely that they will be able to match the resources or the cunning of the Kochs, who are using vast pools of money earned through corporate revenues to build a network unrivaled in complexity and secrecy. This weekend, they are bringing together some of the biggest Republican bank accounts at a resort in Palm Springs, Calif., to collect money and plan this year’s strategy.

As Politico described it on Friday, they have already set up an operation so sophisticated it rivals “even the official Republican Party in its ability to shape policy debates and elections.” Its components include a political consulting firm to recruit, train and support like-minded antigovernment candidates, which will be active in the congressional primaries. There is also a center that provides technology and administrative services to right-wing groups and candidates, an office that compiles and analyzes voter data and a youth advocacy group.

In 2012, as The Washington Post reported, the Koch network raised $407 million, which was secreted among 17 groups with cryptic names and purposes that were designed to make it impossible to figure out the names of donors the Kochs worked with. As one tax expert told The Post, “it’s designed to make it opaque as to where the money is coming from and where the money is going.”

The Democrats have smaller versions of these operations, though they are more focused on building a super PAC to collect unlimited donations supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2016, and they lack the resources to compete with the Kochs at this stage.

The clandestine influence of the Kochs and their Palm Springs friends would be much reduced if they were forced to play in the sunshine.
    The Internal Revenue Service and several lawmakers are beginning to step up their interest in preventing “social welfare” organizations and other tax-sheltered groups from being used as political conduits, but they have encountered the usual resistance from Republican lawmakers. Considering how effectively the Koch brothers are doing their job, it’s easy to see why.
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-26-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I didn't explain myself when I commented above. It turns out that the NYT Editorial Board did it for me in today's paper.

It blows me away that you all seem to think it preferable to live a country whose political system is controlled by a small number of ultra rich sociopaths whose sole goal in life is to collect all of the world's riches for themselves. I'm sure they really care about you, your family, and your country. You all are way more concerned about hundreds of thousands of union members having the ability to pool their individually meager resources to defend their interests in favor of these few ultra rich being able to spend vast fortunes in secret to defend their interests.
    By ultra rich sociopaths you are referring to the folks in both major political parties right? They exist on both sides of the aisle. The way I see it is that if these folks really cared about anything but themselves they would work for us instead of themselves.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

The most wealthy members of Congress are democrats Buzz...
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    The most wealthy members of Congress are democrats Buzz...
    I didn't think we were talking about the wealthy in congress. I thought it was about the unelected wealthy who are playing puppet master behind the curtain. That is who the blogger in UB's original post wants to protect. He believes that they should be able to pour money secretly into "social welfare organizations" and other tax exempt groups to do their bidding for them.
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-26-2014 at 02:38 PM.