The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Designer Dog

I actually thought the last couple of days about a mythical breeding that I would put as my 4th pick and decided to look in current time...and if I could wave a magic wand and put two dogs of today together it would be

FC AFC Bayou Teche Eye On the Ball (Slider) x AFC Flyways Long Tall Sally ( Sally)

my reasoning would be you have a clear Clubmead's Road Warrior son, a Carbon grandson x a Patton(top) and Carbon(bottom) granddaughter...mom and dad arent exactly slouches either in Saber and Ruby (both FC AFC's)

a guy can always dream
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I actually thought the last couple of days about a mythical breeding that I would put as my 4th pick and decided to look in current time...and if I could wave a magic wand and put two dogs of today together it would be

FC AFC Bayou Teche Eye On the Ball (Slider) x AFC Flyways Long Tall Sally ( Sally)

my reasoning would be you have a clear Clubmead's Road Warrior son, a Carbon grandson x a Patton(top) and Carbon(bottom) granddaughter...mom and dad arent exactly slouches either in Saber and Ruby (both FC AFC's)

a guy can always dream
    Carbon was a repeat breeding - the 1st litter was well placed & probably had $200K put into them. Purple was a good Derby dog from that breeding. Based on that I would not have bought into the 2nd litter, but Frank did. IMO - especially in this case & with the fisherman's record I would believe it was more the trainer than the bloodline. JMO

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

2XNAFC FC Candlewoods Bit O' Bunny "Babe" - not even taking into consideration her titles and talent, a beautifully structured female Lab. I had the opportunity to watch Babe perform in pre-trial training as part of the Mike lardy Clinic in Wisconsin.

X NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut A Lean Grade (really no explanation needed on Grady's record as a performer or producer).

Last edited by frontier; 02-02-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella, Molly, and Piper

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

Hey, I'm not playing, check the original post for requirements. Since we are ignoring that:

NFC-AFC San Joaquin Honcho X NFC-NAFC Wanapum Dart's Dandy (which almost happened)!

Ed,what about Orions Sky ?
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

Quote Originally Posted by jd6400 View Post
    Ed,what about Orions Sky ?
    FC-AFC Orion's Lady Dart was Dandy's sibling who tragically died in a roading accident, Honcho to her could have been great also. NFC Orion's Sky was Doc to Euroclydon and a male

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    FC-AFC Orion's Lady Dart was Dandy's sibling who tragically died in a roading accident, Honcho to her could have been great also. NFC Orion's Sky was Doc to Euroclydon and a male
    Gotcha......thanks!!!!
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

A classic cross which worked for repeated generations through Honcho and probably beyond when identifiable was Cork of Oakwood Lane bred to Paha Sapa Chief bitches

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Hey, I'm not playing, check the original post for requirements. Since we are ignoring that:

NFC-AFC San Joaquin Honcho X NFC-NAFC Wanapum Dart's Dandy (which almost happened)!
    Then Charley would have been able to sell me one of those pups he always tried to - I was in line for a Honcho-Charmain (which also did not happen)

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Here's your Grandparents:

San Joaquin Honcho to Carroll's Black Velvet keeping a female -
    River Oaks Corky to Martens Black Powder Kate keeping a male -
    Mitch of Bitterrroot to Michelle keeping a female -
    Mom's Boy Rip to Wanapum Dart's Dandy keeping a male -

More to come .

Marvin S