The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

View Poll Results: Should the NFL keep its tax exempt status?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the NFL keep its tax exemption!

4 14.81%
  • No, the NFL should not be tax exempt!

23 85.19%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should the NFL have a non profit tax exemption?

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    wow?

though i am not an nfl fan, i sometimes enjoy the product. i wouldn't consider those who provide the pro football product "bastards". i can't understand why anyone else would?

as a matter of principal i have never once voted in favor of any tax/tax increase on myself. so as not to be hypocritical, i have never voted for any tax/tax increase on anyone else either. i voted no here. i respect the tax exempt status the nfl has obtained to be a move of "good business" and i hope they get to keep it forever. whether it is pete roselle, paul tagliabu or who ever it is now, i trust their use and distribution of whatever monies they have obtained far better than if it were in the hands of our government.

there is a very high likelihood the nfl will spend their money in a way i approve.
    there is no chance the federal government will spend the nfl's money in a way that i approve.

the nfl aint never taken a dime from me. but the other bastards............
    Bingo!!!!!!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    wow?

the nfl aint never taken a dime from me. but the other bastards............
    You don't live in an NFL town. No skin off your nose! Thy have taken more than a dime from me as they raised our sales tax to pay for it, encumbered the state with a bond issue, and the NFL connived to take away the citizen's right to vote on it. All this to build a new stadium that looks like a gaudy ice cube.

TAX 'EM!!
    Last edited by zeus3925; 02-04-2014 at 11:20 PM.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    On this we can agree. In fact, let's eliminate all tax breaks, period, individual or corporate. All they do is allow the government to manipulate our behavior and allow politicians to purchase votes. Let's go to a flat tax (or even better, the FairTax) for individuals and a basic corporate rate for all corporations. No special breaks, no government incentives, none of it. No EIC, no child tax exemption, no difference between married and single, no write-off for mortgage interest, none of it. Let's keep the rate the same for everyone and let the chips fall where they may. What do you think?
    I agree Matt, but before we can move to a flat tax or a fair tax we probabaly need to get money out of politics, completley another nut to crack....
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

The only problem I see with removing all deductions and having a flat tax is this: Once all the deductions are gone, they'll start jacking the tax back up and there will be no recourse.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

I wonder how much profit the NFL made yesterday from the broadcast of the Super Bowl
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Quote from Forbes --Jan 30, 2014

The National Football League makes $9.5 Billion in profits. This figure is for the League alone exclusive of the profits earned by individual franchises. The NFL pays no taxes as it enjoys tax exempt status as a non profit organization. It enjoys this status as a result of an obscure 1966 law that declares professional football leagues non profit tax exempt status. What do you think?
    Until we have a fair per head tax nobody should be taxed more.

When we finally get our act together and make people pay for services used then shut up!
    Want to have 5 kids then pay for 5 kids school and leave me alone!!! YOU BREED YOU FEED ETC!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Ever get tired of being on the wrong side Bill?

i think tax exempt status should be disallowed, period. If you're in business and you make money, pay your tax.
    If you use services pay up and stop stealing from those that do not!!!!
    I have zero kids and do not use schools. Let those that use pay Maybe then they will stop being rabbits and stealing my money!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Ever get tired of being on the wrong side Bill?

i think tax exempt status should be disallowed, period. If you're in business and you make money, pay your tax.
    HOw about people be resonsible for their spawn!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    If you use services pay up and stop stealing from those that do not!!!!
    I have zero kids and do not use schools. Let those that use pay Maybe then they will stop being rabbits and stealing my money!
    Sorry to further get off the topic of this discussion, but the level of contempt for this country and its traditional institutions that you repeatedly display is remarkable.

It begs the question, why don't you move somewhere else since it is so bad here?.

A place like the western sahara or Somalia comes to mind. Little government, no taxes, many freedoms not enjoyed in the US, no government red tape, no school taxes, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Sorry to further get off the topic of this discussion, but the level of contempt for this country and its traditional institutions that you repeatedly display is remarkable.

It begs the question, why don't you move somewhere else since it is so bad here?.

A place like the western sahara or Somalia comes to mind. Little government, no taxes, many freedoms not enjoyed in the US, no government red tape, no school taxes, etc. etc.
    For the lack of a better word it is the damndest thing I have ever seen. A true ball of hate for America.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon