The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: Should the NFL keep its tax exempt status?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the NFL keep its tax exemption!

4 14.81%
  • No, the NFL should not be tax exempt!

23 85.19%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should the NFL have a non profit tax exemption?

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    For the lack of a better word it is the damndest thing I have ever seen. A true ball of hate for America.
    I agree. Just about every time luvmylabs posts, I say the same thing.

I don't think Luvy hates anything except our system that encourages folks to put their hands out and live off the hard work of others. The current administration has grown the entitlement liability of our tax paying public more than all the others before them.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I don't think Luvy hates anything except our system that encourages folks to put their hands out and live off the hard work of others. The current administration has grown the entitlement liability of our tax paying public more than all the others before them.
    Care to post figures on that Bill? I would especially like to see Luvy post a comparison of her home country and our country's taxation and entitlements. Especially, sorry for the redundant word choice, on her country's health insurance program.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

I think she hates anyone or anything that doesn't measure up to her imperial greatness. I haven't been here too long, but all things she posts are filled with venomous hatred of this country. My personal opinion, without really knowing her personally, she is a classic racist. Doesn't like blacks, hispanics and who knows what other ethnic background.

i see why our contry is in its current condition. in this poll 19 of 22 people vote for "others" to be taxed.

i wonder how many colonists who threw tea overboard in the boston harbor actually drank tea. i think it likely a great number went in objection to their brothers being taxed on their use of tea..........not us today though, huh?
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Care to post figures on that Bill? I would especially like to see Luvy post a comparison of her home country and our country's taxation and entitlements. Especially, sorry for the redundant word choice, on her country's health insurance program.
    All I'm saying is that, regardless of her style and manner of saying what she says... Luvy makes some good points about the "something for nothing" crowd. Maybe she says it a little more directly than most of us would, but I give her credit for making her point and standing by it. Everyone wants to go into a feeding frenzy and go into attack mode... If we are honest with ourselves, maybe some of our views are not so different than Luvy's, who knows?

Here's a little I found in just a quick search... There is plenty more...

This year, more than 46 million will get food stamps. That’s twice as high as the average for the previous 40 years, Investor’s Business Daily reports. Again, that’s being driven in large part by the recession. This isn’t just an Obama problem. It’s a Washington D.C. problem.

Here’s an excerpt from the Investor’s Business Daily:

Direct payments. The amount of money the federal government hands out in direct payments to individuals steadily increased over the past four decades, but shot up under Obama, climbing by almost $600 billion — a 32% increase — in his first three years. And Obama’s last budget called for these payments to climb another $500 billion by 2016, at which point they would account for fully two-thirds of all federal spending.

People getting benefits. According to the Census Bureau 49% now live in homes where at least one person gets a federal benefit — Social Security, workers comp, unemployment, subsidized housing, and the like. That’s up from 44% the year before Obama took office, and way up from 1983, when fewer than a third were government beneficiaries.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i see why our contry is in its current condition. in this poll 19 of 22 people vote for "others" to be taxed.

i wonder how many colonists who threw tea overboard in the boston harbor actually drank tea. i think it likely a great number went in objection to their brothers being taxed on their use of tea..........not us today though, huh?
    Your observations might be disingenous. Most voted for all be taxed, with exemptions be disallowed. You get the the difference???
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

All I'm saying is that, regardless of her style and manner of saying what she says... Luvy makes some good points about the "something for nothing" crowd. Maybe she says it a little more directly than most of us would, but I give her credit for making her point and standing by it. Everyone wants to go into a feeding frenzy and go into attack mode... If we are honest with ourselves, maybe some of our views are not so different than Luvy's, who knows?
    Bill : I probably agree with your views 90% of the time ....this is the 10% where you and I will have agree to disagree...I honestly cant think of anyone here on the RTF with a more bigoted view(hers not yours).....except maybe my sister in Southern Calif, and I havent talked to her in almost 10 years
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Here’s an excerpt from the Investor’s Business Daily:

Direct payments. The amount of money the federal government hands out in direct payments to individuals steadily increased over the past four decades, but shot up under Obama, climbing by almost $600 billion — a 32% increase — in his first three years. And Obama’s last budget called for these payments to climb another $500 billion by 2016, at which point they would account for fully two-thirds of all federal spending.

People getting benefits. According to the Census Bureau 49% now live in homes where at least one person gets a federal benefit — Social Security, workers comp, unemployment, subsidized housing, and the like. That’s up from 44% the year before Obama took office, and way up from 1983, when fewer than a third were government beneficiaries.
    Here's an excerpt from Seattle Times past - the taxpayers will foot the bill for the 1st $400,000,000 of the stadium & in return Vulcan Sports will submit a P & L statement to the taxpayers yearly.
    Then went to court to get that part of the contract declared null as it would diminish the team's competitive advantage . Gets a sales tax break on every building built by their investment arm,
    unlike the taxpaying public.

There are too many getting subsidized by all levels of government,
    & they come in all shapes & sizes of wallet

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Your observations might be disingenous. Most voted for all be taxed, with exemptions be disallowed. You get the the difference???
    John said he never voted for ANY tax increase. Whether it affected him or not. What's disingenuous about that?
    Bill Davis