The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Big Thank You to Avery and Purina for Farmer/Trott Seminar

Cold, rainy, and windy today. Worked on short retired bird drill.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Thank you Avery & Purina. The event was exceptional, the people even more. Special thanks to David Carrington & Karl Gunzer, Danny Farmer, Lisa Farmer, Kenny Trott, Marcy Wright & Chester and the crew.
    Matt Rodriguez

"The will to win is nothing without the will to prepare."

BIG HOMERUN ON THE SEMINAR. Entirely informative and enjoyable (except maybe for the handlers and their dogs who were sometimes under the microscope). There were many nuggets about canine behavior (think like a dog, not a human), the importance of keeping high and consistent standards, and a few "how to" sessions on solving specific problems the handlers/dogs were having. It was all presented in a friendly, collegial, conversational style, peppered with bits of field trial and dog training history and anecdotes. The Saturday night dinner was great and just in time after a hard day in the field. Thanks to the Farmers and Kenny and Marcy and David Carrington and Karl Gunzer from Avery and Purina. And thanks to Avery and Purina for their continued support of our sport.

Wow what a weekend, lots of great information and fellowship with many good dog people. Huge thanks to David Carrington, Avery and Karl Gunzer, Purina for sponsering the weekend and all you do for our sport!! Thanks to Danny and Lisa, Kenny and Marcy for giving up a weekend to share your knowledge with us. Big thanks to Chester, Arron and Robert and Brad Clow (shooter) for chunking birds for us. Especially to day in some less than pleasurable weather conditions. It was a fun weekend. If you get the chance its a great use of your time to attend.

Remember please support Avery and Purina cause they sure support our Dog Sports.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Got to go last year and sounds like it was a hit again...Thanks for Avery and Farmer and Trout for the hard work on information.
    GRHRCH Huntington's Aged T Perfection MH...Colby (FC AFC Roux MH x GMPR Tyra MH)
    HRCH Huntington's All That Melody...Jazz (GRHRCH Boomer x Callie) Momma's Girl
    Huntington's Cool Customer... Chilly (Lefty QAA x Black SH)

It would have been a nice seminar for double the price. I left humbled, but with a lot of new knowledge and a better understanding of my dog. Thanks to all those who made the seminar possible including Danny, Kenny, Avery, Purina, etc.

A big thank you to Danny and Kenny for giving up their weekend to share their knowledge, Marcy for coordinating everything, the staff at Vinwood Kennels, David with Avery, and Purina!! Learned a bunch and had a great time. Hope to attend many more. We should all be thankful for the support that Avery and Purina give to our sport and make it a point to support their great products!

Donny

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

We really enjoyed the seminar. Thank you to Avery and Purina for sponsoring, to Danny and Kenny for sharing your time and expertise, and to Lisa and Marcy for the organization and hospitality. Hope to get the chance to sit in one of these again!
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

Great Seminar, thanks David Carrington.

Curious as to what everyone thought was the point that they took away from the seminar. For me, it was a reminder that I need to let the dog make decisions, and not cover what may be a mistake.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com