The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The numbers on Creationism/Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    ... The universe had no beginning as it has always been here!
    "as it was, is now, and ever shall be. world without end. Amen" Franco you are right on track with the Nuns of my yout.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Physicist are the most educated among us, try finding one that believes in Creationism.
    i believe this to be an accurate statement. recently i discovered "the big bang theory" in marathon reruns nightly on tbs network. since then i feel much more in touch with the positions of current day physicists.

however the quote, "i want to know the thoughts of God, the rest are just details." - albert einstein, may be an indication that some respected persons in the field may allow for the existence of God?
    john mccallie

My distain is for the so-called religious do-gooders that they hold mankind back from progressing to a higher quality of life! That mankind can not progress if they hold onto ancient mythologies and ignore what we have learned of our origins.
    i regret that some old, pious, gossiping Christian sister at some point condemned a hedonistic lifestyle and "held you back". you shouldn't remain bitter about such things. these teachings are meant to liberate, not constrain.

i am not an "educated" man, but let me share something all hedonistic, live and let live, libertarians need to come to grips with. the next statement is graphic and not suited for all audiences. discreation is advised. the coarse and vulgar language used is purposed to communicate with worldly hedonists! the nicest, prettiest, take home to mamma, yet pent up, pooney is in your local congregation.

in the parable of the banquet in Luke 14:23 it says, ".....compel them to come in." i am just trying to help!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i believe this to be an accurate statement. recently i discovered "the big bang theory" in marathon reruns nightly on tbs network. since then i feel much more in touch with the positions of current day physicists.

however the quote, "i want to know the thoughts of God, the rest are just details." - albert einstein, may be an indication that some respected persons in the field may allow for the existence of God?
    Einstein on religion.

http://www.einsteinandreligion.com/religdev.html

I can assure you that he certainly did not believe in creationism.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

They ARE very much related! Physicist are the most educated among us, try finding one that believes in Creationism. I also did NOT say that those that disagree with me are uneducated, that is your distortion! I merely agreed with the study that was posted of where the hotbed of creationism is in this country. That area of Creationism hotbed is also the area in this country that is growing the most in income inequality.
    My next door neighbor of many years had his PhD in Quantum Physics. He was a professor at at a local college and he believed in God. I would really like to see someone to make something out of nothing. Then I might believe there is no God. Until then I will put my faith in Him and not people no matter how educated or uneducated they may be.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

My distain is for the so-called religious do-gooders that they hold mankind back from progressing to a higher quality of life! That mankind can not progress if they hold onto ancient mythologies and ignore what we have learned of our origins.
    Are you suggesting that believing in God and that He created the heavens and earth are ancient mythologies?
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

These Polls make little to know sense, the creationist vs. evolution arguments are always stemmed as one or the other. However many people believe in evolution and still have faith in a higher power, because of this faith they get lopped together with the die-hard creationists, (6days, world only 2500 yrs. old) which in reality is a very low percentage.

The thing I really don't like is Christianity is not taught in schools from an educational perspective, and if your not brought up religious; you're just supposed to absorb such from society, through osmosis I guess. Students today are taught Greek mythology, Buddhism, Native American, Chinese, Indian, etc beliefs, but schools will not touch basic Christianity. This has an effect on the performance of many students. It's pretty tough when you have to analyze various metaphors and themes which are found in a vast amount of literature, when you know nothing about the subject matter. A.P. tests flash-backs, might've been nice to know a bit about those bible stories, without having to commit to religion.
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 02-05-2014 at 01:21 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

the bigotry of the non-believer for me, is as funny as the bigotry of the believer. - albert einstein
    john mccallie

I was barked at by numerous dogs who are earning their food guarding ignorance and superstition for the benefit of those who profit from it. Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source. They are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who—in their grudge against the traditional "opium of the people"—cannot bear the music of the spheres. The Wonder of nature does not become smaller because one cannot measure it by the standards of human moral and human aims.

— Einstein to an unidentified adressee, Aug.7, 1941. Einstein Archive, reel 54-927, quoted in Jammer, p. 97
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    I was barked at by numerous dogs who are earning their food guarding ignorance and superstition for the benefit of those who profit from it. Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source. They are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who—in their grudge against the traditional "opium of the people"—cannot bear the music of the spheres. The Wonder of nature does not become smaller because one cannot measure it by the standards of human moral and human aims.

— Einstein to an unidentified adressee, Aug.7, 1941. Einstein Archive, reel 54-927, quoted in Jammer, p. 97
    Good quote John!

That's why I am an Agnostic. One who believes that a god can neither be proved or disproved. However, I don't think there is any question in regards to the reality of evolution.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org