The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The numbers on Creationism/Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Franco
    God is perfect so his words must be perfect. The contradictions only exist in our understanding by what we think it means or what we have been taught.
    Pete
    If God exists, and if He is perfect as you say, and if His words are perfect, and if He created us, aren't any misunderstandings we have regarding His words His fault? Seems to me that He could easily have either made His meaning clear, or created us so that we would be able to understand His meaning.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    If you happen to remember where you read it please pass it on. I would like to read it. Thanks.
    I am sure it is still in my library somewhere. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

One of the real problems with many evolution deniers is that they really don't know what the theory says. They also frequently seem to think that it should occur over such short periods of time as to be observable. Many don't seem to realize that most mutations give no selective advantage and many are actually disadvantageous. It is also true that many mutations that provide some selective advantage when they occur will, as the environment changes, become disadvantageous. It is also very common to find deniers who believe that modern man evolved from an ape, when, strictly speaking, it could be argued that man is one of the great apes (we are in the same taxonomic family, Homininae, as the other great apes). Evolution actually says that modern primates and man shared a common ancestor. Anecdotally, I ran into a fellow at the zoo while I was taking some photos who, totally out of the blue, commented that gorillas were clear proof that evolution was wrong as certainly HE wasn't related to anything so ugly. You should have seen the round, puffy faced, jowly butterball! The big male gorilla at the Gladys Porter Zoo is actually a very handsome specimen. Absolutely a much better looking member of his species than the commenter was of ours .
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

[QUOTEIf God exists, and if He is perfect as you say, and if His words are perfect, and if He created us, aren't any misunderstandings we have regarding His words His fault? Seems to me that He could easily have either made His meaning clear, or created us so that we would be able to understand His meaning][/QUOTE]

He did originally make it very clear. He also made man with free will and he didn't make robots

He also wrote his word in the stars. That can not be tampered with by man
    For what its worth a book which took over 1500 years to put together by many different people turned out pretty darn accurate. There a only 1 or 2 forgeries I can think of. The intent of Gods heart is pretty much intact through out the books.

Over all customs , idiums,,orientalisms,,,culture and things of that nature are what throws most people off. Many odd sayings can be explained through an understanding of these key indicators.
    Last edited by Pete; 02-08-2014 at 10:25 PM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    One of the real problems with many evolution deniers is that they really don't know what the theory says. They also frequently seem to think that it should occur over such short periods of time as to be observable. Many don't seem to realize that most mutations give no selective advantage and many are actually disadvantageous. It is also true that many mutations that provide some selective advantage when they occur will, as the environment changes, become disadvantageous. It is also very common to find deniers who believe that modern man evolved from an ape, when, strictly speaking, it could be argued that man is one of the great apes (we are in the same taxonomic family, Homininae, as the other great apes). Evolution actually says that modern primates and man shared a common ancestor. Anecdotally, I ran into a fellow at the zoo while I was taking some photos who, totally out of the blue, commented that gorillas were clear proof that evolution was wrong as certainly HE wasn't related to anything so ugly. You should have seen the round, puffy faced, jowly butterball! The big male gorilla at the Gladys Porter Zoo is actually a very handsome specimen. Absolutely a much better looking member of his species than the commenter was of ours .
    You lost your whole argument with one word. It's really just a liberal buzzword... But by trying to diminish those with whom you debate, by calling them name... You lose.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You lost your whole argument with one word. It's really just a liberal buzzword... But by trying to diminish those with whom you debate, by calling them name... You lose.

Didn't call anyone a name. Just used an accurate descriptor for the folks about which I was talking. I could have said "those who deny/don't believe in/attempt to refute... evolution", but that is REALLY REALLY wordy and I am a slow typist.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

[QUOTEOne of the real problems with many evolution deniers is that they really don't know what the theory says. They also frequently seem to think that it should occur over such short periods of time as to be observable. Many don't seem to realize that most mutations give no selective advantage and many are actually disadvantageous. It is also true that many mutations that provide some selective advantage when they occur will, as the environment changes, become disadvantageous. It is also very common to find deniers who believe that modern man evolved from an ape, when, strictly speaking, it could be argued that man is one of the great apes (we are in the same taxonomic family, Homininae, as the other great apes). Evolution actually says that modern primates and man shared a common ancestor. Anecdotally, I ran into a fellow at the zoo while I was taking some photos who, totally out of the blue, commented that gorillas were clear proof that evolution was wrong as certainly HE wasn't related to anything so ugly. You should have seen the round, puffy faced, jowly butterball! The big male gorilla at the Gladys Porter Zoo is actually a very handsome specimen. Absolutely a much better looking member of his species than the commenter was of ours . ][/QUOTE]

The same can be said about Christianity. Most people have been bombarded their who life with opposing Christian doctrine.
    They have watched the news who report about the perverted pastures and priests and they have developed their opinion about it. Unfortunately God gets the short end of the stick because he gave people free will. when its actually people who are screwed up and not God. I get my evolution news from the word.
    While evolution does occur within a species,, We as humans have never seen it transend genus and never will . Genetic diversity was placed with in the gene pool to insure that most species can thrive even under changing conditions. I don't call that evolution really ,I call that genetic diversity.
    Being a biology major I distinctly remember studying mutations of genes in the wild. Those specimans were killed off by natural selection.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

genetic mutations are very tricky to evaluate in terms of evolution. for example, the super human brain i was given would be judged on its surface to be a positive mutation. but when this brain is connected to my mouth, it has almost gotten me de-selected more times than i can count!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    If God exists, and if He is perfect as you say, and if His words are perfect, and if He created us, aren't any misunderstandings we have regarding His words His fault? Seems to me that He could easily have either made His meaning clear, or created us so that we would be able to understand His meaning.
    God is perfect, man is not!
    Evil too, exists!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    God is perfect, man is not!
    Evil too, exists!
    Ah, but if God is perfect, and if He created us, I can't see where He can blame us for our imperfections, because, as He is omnipotent (all powerful), He could have CHOSEN to make us perfect also, thus, any imperfections we possess must have been His intentional doing. A bit silly of Him to hold us accountable for doing what He planned, now, isn't it?
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)