The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The numbers on Creationism/Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Isn't it your stance that we have no free will if GOD is omniscient? Well, for those of us that believe in GOD. That somehow "the fix is in" and you used the ball reacting to gravity to provide proof. Correct?
    Isn't it your stance that we have no free will if GOD is omniscient?

Yes

Well, for those of us that believe in GOD.

Huh?

you used the ball reacting to gravity to provide proof. Correct?

No
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

"For those of us that believe GOD is omniscient" is what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    You aren't following the logic. The number of choices has NO bearing on my position. In your example it could be said that JD had made my choice for me. Your example would be better if you said "JD brought me two glasses, one red and one blue. The blue glass had ice water and the red glass had horse piss. I was told that I could drink from either the red glass or the blue glass. In fact, JD had predetermined that I would drink from the blue glass as drinking the horse piss really wasn't a choice. JD knew the outcome before he gave me the glass, thus I didn't really have free will.
    HPL, if ever in the Great White North of MN, PM me. I would love to sit and chat and perhaps choose (or not) to share a glass of horse piss (or water) with you. Would like to talk photography too.

Free Will is a Wonderful Thing Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Birds of a feather!

"For those of us that believe GOD is omniscient" is what I meant to say.
    Huh? Still not a complete sentence.

In this logic exercise, what you believe is of no consequence. I didn't say "if you believe God is omniscient", I said "if God IS omniscient". There is a crucial difference in those two statements, and if you don't understand that, you will never understand the logic of my position.
    Last edited by HPL; 02-12-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Well, for those of us that believe GOD is omniscient was to be included in that sentence; hence the reason I included it in quotes in the complete sentence in my last post. How's that for you? Let me further clarify for you, for those of us that believe in GOD and believe he is omniscient was what I should have typed. My mistake!
    Last edited by coachmo; 02-12-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Well, for those of us that believe GOD is omniscient was to be included in that sentence; hence the reason I included it in quotes in the complete sentence in my last post. How's that for you? Let me further clarify for you, for those of us that believe in GOD and believe he is omniscient was what I should have typed. My mistake!
    I am sorry, but that clause (bolded above) is still not a complete sentence and I don't know how it fits in with the rest of the thought.

As to Golddogs, I believe there is as good a chance he is from your basic side of the fence as from mine. He hasn't voiced an opinion, but I think the invitation might be because he enjoys thought exercises as much as I do, and knows they are less interesting when everyone has the same initial stance.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    HPL, if ever in the Great White North of MN, PM me. I would love to sit and chat and perhaps choose (or not) to share a glass of horse piss (or water) with you. Would like to talk photography too.

Free Will is a Wonderful Thing Regards
    Would love to see the north woods sometime. Do you allow dogs in the house?

HPL
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

i have enjoyed this thread. a discussion like this brings us all closer to God by its thoughtfulness. when i quoted Isaiah 58:8 & 9 as support for the vast gap between our thinking/logic/ideas of justice and God's, i hoped to convey also that by raising our level of thought and contemplation, we all always become closer to our Creator.

if in my simple, (hopefully) humorous and less than perfect way i have posted anything anyone found to be outside the bounds of my true heart for others, i apologize.

this is a fun, funny, fun loving group. i am pleased to participate with you all.

jmc
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Would love to see the north woods sometime. Do you allow dogs in the house?

HPL
    If the dogs are not welcome, I won't be there!
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!