The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The numbers on Creationism/Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I am not preaching at you, but with you!

Unfortunately, a large portion of the American people say something like 'they have no faith in our Government'....but we are the ones who elected them or in some cases allowed them to be elected. When nearly half the people that do vote are Dem's and nearly half are Repub's...what you will get is a split government. The sad thing is that since so few of us vote, we really do not have a government of the people, buy the people......

The key is what each of us is doing about it.....be active in our local government, educate ourselves about issues and candidates, always vote.....teach our kids the importance of this, or for our adult kids (make sure they understand your feelings, expectations...press them to be responsible and vote). As parents, Grand Parents, and individuals.....WE HAVE TO GET MORE INVOLVED!

OK...I am Done....
    I think I sort of like a split govt. It promotes gridlock and when the govt is stuck, they aren't out there trying to "help" me.

that second paragraph is on target. We don't have kids, but I have a couple of nieces and I do what I can there. On a related note, a while back I was at Walmart in what one could laughingly refer to as the ammunition aisle and came across a couple of 20 somethings lamenting that they couldn't find what they needed. Told them to remember it when election time came around as who one votes for does matter. Both said they didn't vote.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

HPL...

I used to kinda think the split government was ok, but in the last decade the Democrats have actually been taken over by far left Marxists, that coupled with the fact that they also have control of all major networks, and news papers in the country and actually throughout the world, this is a disaster in the making. The Republicans have no hope unless they can take back control of the Senate, maintain the House, and earn the Presidency. Then spend the 8 years reversing all the damage the Dem's have done to our economy and the Constitution and putting in Constitutional Amendments to prevent it from happening again.

I fear, if this does not happen, if we cannot turn around this slide towards a complete takeover by the Democratic leadership, then we can kiss our way of life good buy....if you study the history of Marxism, Communism, heck even Hitler used the same model. We are living that model now...the expected results will be a takeover by the extremist Dem's which in time, will result in a General Revolution that will be long and bloody....I do not want that for my kids and Grand kids....but if history repeats itself, we are walking down that road now....very scary.... That is why the current Government, lead by Obama and his Administration are buying up all the ammo...they know the model they are following too....
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 02-14-2014 at 11:24 AM.

BTW---for the record, for 2 who find the secret, the equation is 1+1=1

Happy Valentines Day!!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 02-14-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    BTW---for the record, for 2 who find the secret, the equation is 1+1=1

Happy Valentines Day!!!!
    I don't know, seems to me like it frequently is 1+1=3 (or 4 or 6 or 8 or in one case I know of 19!)
    Happy and CAREFUL Valentine's day!!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com