The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The numbers on Creationism/Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    My distain is for the so-called religious do-gooders that they hold mankind back from progressing to a higher quality of life! That mankind can not progress if they hold onto ancient mythologies and ignore what we have learned of our origins.
    Exactly how are they holding you/mankind back ? Seems to me that the law of the land states otherwise...Abortion is legal, capital punishment is legal, pot smoking is legal (in some states),prostitution is legal (certain counties in NV, but not LV)..Immorality seems to be the prevailing sentiment in the country

Seems to me that its those that wish to practice their religion of choice are the ones that seem to be the ones losing their freedoms almost on a monthly basis, the law and the courts seem to be siding with the Atheist's...

I may not be the most religious guy in the room,but I do attend more than not and wonder why people are always trying to eliminate/stifle religion...I am all for allowing people to practice whatever religion they prefer, including those that dont practice the same religion as I do
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

franco,
    this spring when the grass is green go out and milk a cow, churn and pat the butter yourself. put some cayanne, onion, garlic, black and white pepper(achoo), cumin, mustard and parika in a mill and grind it. get under a shade tree and make the black skillet white hot. drop a coated fillet of the redfish you caught that morning in for a minute and a half per side. while the smoke is boiling out of the skillet remember the bite, the hookset, the fight and the gaff. take a forkfull and dip it into your own drawn butter, close your eyes and then tell me there is no God!

if that don't work i will introduce you to some of these church girls!!!!!

einstein knew the difference in spirituality, belief and much of organized religion. you gotta get on board man!
    john mccallie

[QUOTE=BonMallari;1185567]Exactly how are they holding you/mankind back ? Seems to me that the law of the land states otherwise...Abortion is legal, capital punishment is legal, pot smoking is legal (in some states),prostitution is legal (certain counties in NV, but not LV)..Immorality seems to be the prevailing sentiment in the country

We can start with the denial of science, from evolution to stem cell research and all points in between. From classroom curriculum to issues such as birth control to the destruction of many indigenous peoples around the globe by missionaries.
    Just look at what the Theocracies of the world has done to their people. Tell me that they aren't held back!

Seems to me that its those that wish to practice their religion of choice are the ones that seem to be the ones losing their freedoms almost on a monthly basis, the law and the courts seem to be siding with the Atheist's...

No, they are siding with The Constitution! And, it we didn't have The Constitution we could well ended up another Iran with a Theocracy instead of a Republic.

I may not be the most religious guy in the room,but I do attend more than not and wonder why people are always trying to eliminate/stifle religion...I am all for allowing people to practice whatever religion they prefer, including those that dont practice the same religion as I do.

I don't really care what people practice unless it is brought up in a forum, like this one for discussion. To deny Evolution in this day and age is well beyond any rational thought! [/QUOTE]

My replies in red.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Any time you start surveying you can come up with the results you want by choosing your sample with the bias you want.

Here is a little different take on evolution vs creation: http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...on-been-proven

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    Are you suggesting that believing in God and that He created the heavens and earth are ancient mythologies?
    One could certainly make that argument.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I gotta tell you all..........look at a new born puppy and then tell me God does not exist. God made the best companion for man ! That did not happen by chance.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Well if you are agnostic then you have no hope for a future except to hope that you "evolve" somehow....and have no explanation for how this will happen. Evolution is a part of creationism...this world is evolving from the architecture of creationism. Not one person that has ever lived, is living now, and will live in the future can create something that they don't borrow from what is already at hand. In other words, we cant even create common dirt. There is no basis for mythology and you don't have to be educated or uneducated to realize that no common ground exists for that support. Yes, even Einstein knew that there was an order to things set in motion by a higher authority.....much smarter than he was and he conceded that along his life's journey. So to all the agnostics and atheists.....explain the origins of Good and Evil and where they fit in to your "evolution" theory?

Perhaps those that only believe in science could show some charts, graphs and equations to explain love!

Standing bye......................

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post
    These Polls make little to know sense, the creationist vs. evolution arguments are always stemmed as one or the other. However many people believe in evolution and still have faith in a higher power, because of this faith they get lopped together with the die-hard creationists, (6days, world only 2500 yrs. old) which in reality is a very low percentage.

The thing I really don't like is Christianity is not taught in schools from an educational perspective, and if your not brought up religious; you're just supposed to absorb such from society, through osmosis I guess. Students today are taught Greek mythology, Buddhism, Native American, Chinese, Indian, etc beliefs, but schools will not touch basic Christianity. This has an effect on the performance of many students. It's pretty tough when you have to analyze various metaphors and themes which are found in a vast amount of literature, when you know nothing about the subject matter. A.P. tests flash-backs, might've been nice to know a bit about those bible stories, without having to commit to religion.
    Christianity is most definitely taught in schools. In Tennessee, 6th and 7th grade social studies curriculum includes the 5 major religions of the world (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, and Hinduism). There is no preaching in schools, but the history and defining characteristics of these religions are studied. To not teach these subjects would leave a large portion of history without explanation.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Unfortunately, the history being taught in public schools is not always accurate and you "hit the nail on the head" regarding Christianity not being included with other religions even from a historical perspective. I'm also curious as to how exactly does science prove that GOD does not exist? Just wondering!
    Last edited by coachmo; 02-07-2014 at 11:46 AM.