The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 174

Thread: The numbers on Creationism/Evolution

  1. #31
    Senior Member GaryJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    One could certainly make that argument.

    True. Anyone can make an argument about anything however I really don't think believing in God is an ancient myth since people believe that today. Perhaps my wording was a little off when I used the word "and".

    I am certainly no science whiz but if evolution is true why then are there still primates?
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

    Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post

    I am certainly no science whiz but if evolution is true why then are there still primates?
    It could be as simple as God evolved primates for us to enjoy. It is mind blowing that when he set the pieces for gorillas to evolve, he had Jane Goodall in mind.

    From a science standpoint, there has not been a large enough environmental change to necessitate a large jump for primates other than ourselves.

    I am very theologically conservative, except for this one issue. I believe that God is powerful enough to create the universe in six days and even make new things appear old. But I do not think he did it that way. And I think a proper exegesis of scripture shows an "old earth" concept of origins and Genesis are not in conflict.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    11,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    True. Anyone can make an argument about anything however I really don't think believing in God is an ancient myth since people believe that today. Perhaps my wording was a little off when I used the word "and".

    I am certainly no science whiz but if evolution is true why then are there still primates?
    There are over 500 species and subspecies of Primates. Homoerectus was the one able to walk erect and eventually became Homosapien after several million years of evolution.

    Man has believed in gods for over 12,000 years. It was the only thing early man could rationalize as to their existence.

    With that, I have to ask; Which form/sect of Christianity has it correct? Are the other world religions wrong? They are non-Christian, are they denied life after death?
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Corinth MS
    Posts
    825

    Default

    You miss 2 very crucial things in your argument Franco.
    1. Time has a beginning and an end. You state the universe has always been here, but with the definition of time and the age you have given the earth you contradict yourself.
    2. All scientist will tell you mathematically and physically it is impossible to take nothing and create something, based on this how did life form? The universe?

    I am fairly well educated and live in the south. I have a biology degree and taught for 11 yrs. now I am in ministry and have nene for the past 8 yrs. there is one thing you and I agree on, religion gets in the way of Christianity, more for some than others.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    the bigotry of the non-believer for me, is as funny as the bigotry of the believer. - albert einstein

    That's a far better quote than what Franco provides when he "assures" us what Einstein believed. That said, here's an 'assurance' from Albert E..."The primary difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limitations."

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    11,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrettG View Post
    You miss 2 very crucial things in your argument Franco.
    1. Time has a beginning and an end. You state the universe has always been here, but with the definition of time and the age you have given the earth you contradict yourself.
    No I didn't. I said that Earth is roughly 4.5 billion years old and the universe much older.

    2. All scientist will tell you mathematically and physically it is impossible to take nothing and create something, based on this how did life form? The universe?

    Universe has always been here, Earth was created by the universe. Plenty of material on the Big Bang on the internet. The first form of life(molecules) were in the form of a sponge like material that developed millions of years ago in the sea. Google earliest form of life.

    I am fairly well educated and live in the south. I have a biology degree and taught for 11 yrs. now I am in ministry and have nene for the past 8 yrs. there is one thing you and I agree on, religion gets in the way of Christianity, more for some than others.
    Replies in red. So, which form/sect of Christianity has it correct? Are the other major religions of he world denied eternal life?
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  7. #37
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Replies in red. So, which form/sect of Christianity has it correct? Are the other major religions of he world denied eternal life?
    The ones that believe there is some power in the universe greater than man and believes in some form of life after death and believes in trying to live life the right way (good vs. evil) and squaring that with the positive (good) forces in said universe!

  8. #38
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Franco, I realize you're agnostic by your own admission, so I'll ask this again, how does science disprove that GOD exists? There are plenty of reasons why I believe he does exists but for arguments sake how does science disprove this? It must be a pretty hollow existence going through life not believing human beings have souls. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way but to not believe in something seems empty and depressing.
    Last edited by coachmo; 02-07-2014 at 03:59 PM.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Henlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post
    These Polls make little to know sense, the creationist vs. evolution arguments are always stemmed as one or the other. However many people believe in evolution and still have faith in a higher power, because of this faith they get lopped together with the die-hard creationists, (6days, world only 2500 yrs. old) which in reality is a very low percentage.

    The thing I really don't like is Christianity is not taught in schools from an educational perspective, and if your not brought up religious; you're just supposed to absorb such from society, through osmosis I guess. Students today are taught Greek mythology, Buddhism, Native American, Chinese, Indian, etc beliefs, but schools will not touch basic Christianity. This has an effect on the performance of many students. It's pretty tough when you have to analyze various metaphors and themes which are found in a vast amount of literature, when you know nothing about the subject matter. A.P. tests flash-backs, might've been nice to know a bit about those bible stories, without having to commit to religion.
    I got kids in High School, Junior High and Elementary, they have not been taught any religion in school other than where it may relate to history. They also say the pledge of allegiance every morning despite what some news organizations put out.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

  10. #40
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    11,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Franco, I realize you're agnostic by your own admission, so I'll ask this again, how does science disprove that GOD exists? There are plenty of reasons why I believe he does exists but for arguments sake how does science disprove this? Rk, good response. It must be a pretty hollow existence going through life not believing human beings have souls. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way but to not believe in something seems empty and depressing.
    See post #20.

    Agnostics believe the existence of a god can not be proven or disproved.

    I personally opt of science over mythology.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •