The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hope the CBO is Wrong

Default Hope the CBO is Wrong

If the CBO is correct then I can only hope the $8 Billion saved will be enough to pay for those who decide not work. ""The estimated reduction stems almost entirely from a net decline in the amount of labor that workers choose to supply, rather than from a net drop in businesses' demand for labor," CBO said."

I get not everyone is employable but I am sick of carrying the weight of those who can but choose not to. The govt on the other hand seems to think that behavior is totally acceptable.

http://news.yahoo.com/obamacare-cut-...4--sector.html
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

With unemployment as high as it is, don't you think there will be folks standing in line waiting to take up the slack?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous what this administration is advocating. Straight from the mouth of this beast comes "it provides freedom for people in jobs they don't like and spend too much time at to work less, earn less, be subsidized by the government so that you may chase your dreams" Translation......chose a lower quality of life and we'll get you on the government dole. The pussification of the American people is now fully and officially endorsed by our government.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    With unemployment as high as it is, don't you think there will be folks standing in line waiting to take up the slack?
    No , I dont....let me just use one example, the hotel/restaurant industry. There is a "new" venue opening here in town called the Linq, its a big overgrown ferris wheel,done in neon,basically a vertical restaurant that turns...I know some of the people that did the hiring and they told me that they would rather hire someone that is already working over someone that is unemployed. Case in point a couple of our employees that had low seniority got hired there, where they will have a shot at opening a new venue and be at the top of someone else's list..

As most people will verify its easier to get a job when you already have one...very little motivation to get a job when people can get paid for being unemployed
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by HuntClub View Post
    Ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous what this administration is advocating. Straight from the mouth of this beast comes "it provides freedom for people in jobs they don't like and spend too much time at to work less, earn less, be subsidized by the government so that you may chase your dreams" Translation......chose a lower quality of life and we'll get you on the government dole. The pussification of the American people is now fully and officially endorsed by our government.
    HC...I share your frustration, but this is not the 'pussification' of America, it is the 'Socialization' of America...much more sinister and planned by the Liberal Democratic Party....they have been taken over by Marxist's!

boy it's lucky the decriminalized pot so they can get high and trace their dreams

NY Times also carried the story.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/05/us..._20140205&_r=0
    They did include the administration's counter-point that it's really not O-care causing this. And the CBO says it's not O-care. Not sure that makes sense since O-care gives employers incentive to hire part-time employees.

However, if the MSM is also at least reporting this, that's news in itself.

Maybe extending unemployment was not necessarily the best thing to do? I strongly suspect there is an "underground" economy with workers getting cash payments.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

My guess is that the CBO is wrong. They usually underestimate their projections.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    My guess is that the CBO is wrong. They usually underestimate their projections.
    They underestimated initially by about 100%, so would guess that they also underestimating future impact as well. We've already seen what happened with estimates of the costs of Medicare and Medicaid.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Hopefully this is our sarcastic statement of the day being there are so many entry-level positions, in my area, like restaurants, for example, which are constantly posting job opening positions. It is going to be the person making $20-$50,000 which will cut their hours to receive the subsidy. Maybe I will divorce my wife, we will continue living together and take advantage of this new system. Could make my house appear as a duplex, A&B address, charge a artificial rent and take advantage of multiple programs. Don't think this is not going to happen throughout the country.

Don't you feel people which have taken or received these government handouts for years/decades be required to actively give some type of service back? This is, of course, only if they are able because there are those which actually need, not abuse, the programs.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 02-05-2014 at 03:43 PM.