The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Settled Science!!!!!

Default Settled Science!!!!!

What exactly is this?
    Man made global warming / global warming / climate change??
    Which nomenclature did we all settle on, I forgot?

4406 U.S. record cold temperatures in January – 1073 Snowfall records

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotFebruary 5, 2014 7:34 AM with 90 comments

Via: http://iceagenow.info/2014/02/4406-r...temps-january/

4406 Record Cold Temps

1259 Record Warm temps

1073 Snowfall records

http://wx.hamweather.com/maps/climat...emp,snow,lowma x,highmin,

Related Links:

Climate Scientist Who Got It Right Predicts 20 More Years of Global Cooling: ‘For the next 20 years, I predict global cooling of about 3/10ths of a degree Fahrenheit, as opposed to the one-degree warming predicted by the IPCC,” said Geologist Dr. Don Easterbrook, professor emeritus of geology at Western Washington University and author of 150 scientific journal articles and 10 books, including “Evidence Based Climate Science,” which was published in 2011.

Forget global warming!? Earth undergoing global COOLING since 2002! Climate Scientist Dr. Judith Curry: ‘Attention in the public debate seems to be moving away from the 15-17 year ‘pause’ to the cooling since 2002’ - Growing number of scientists are predicting global cooling: Russia’s Pulkovo Observatory: ‘We could be in for a cooling period that lasts 200-250 years’

Record snowfall in New York City

Antarctic Sea Ice Extent is 26% above normal as of Jan 30 2014: ‘On track to have the highest minimum in the modern satellite era’

Watch Now: Climate Depot’s Morano on Fox News rips claim that global warming causes cold weather: ‘Global warming causes less snow, except when global warming causes more snow’

Watch Now: Morano V. Bill Nye Climate Debate on Fox With Stossel – Nye Cites ‘Hockey Stick’ as Proof – Says Politicians can fix potholes & the climate – Morano denounces as ‘medieval witchcraft’ – Full Transcript

U.S. Dec/Jan Temperatures 3rd Coldest in 30 Years

Latest storm likely to make the 2010s the snowiest decade in the east coast in the NOAA record – surpassing the 1960s!

Snow no more? Climate Depot’s Morano reminds public of dire warnings

BETTE MIDLER: SNOW IN SOUTH PROVES CLIMATE CHANGE EXISTS: ‘If you live in The South and still believe Climate Change doesn’t exist, wake up. And buy a snow shovel’

Iran – Snow cuts power to nearly half-a-million homes

Slovenia paralyzed by snow and ice – More snow forecast

Indonesia – 19 more volcanoes placed on alert level

Video – Second winter storm to dump up to a foot of snow – or more – on the Plains, Northeast, Midwest

Science is never settled and never rests!!!.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 02-05-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

In 10 years there will be a push for wood and coal heating to prevent global cooling. I guess we should be as advanced, which some would lead us to believe, as China is socially and inter structurally.

RK, Nice weather map but how many of those temperature records are from an official weather station with a long term record? I can't seem to find out any information. It look like records from a private vendor and means very little if it is not long term data.

As has been posted earlier, in the last decade there are 10x more high temperature records set in the continental U. S. at official long-term weather stations than there have been cold temperature records set.

You can look-up the scientists that you cite...interesting bunch. Morano has a BS in political science but at least he has moved on from the swiftboating I see.

Here is an excerpt from the NOAA report on global temperatures in 2013 available at https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/

The year 2013 ties with 2003 as the fourth warmest year globally since records began in 1880. The annual global combined land and ocean surface temperature was 0.62°C (1.12°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F). This marks the 37th consecutive year (since 1976) that the yearly global temperature was above average. Currently, the warmest year on record is 2010, which was 0.66°C (1.19°F) above average. Including 2013, 9 of the 10 warmest years in the 134-year period of record have occurred in the 21st century. Only one year during the 20th century—1998—was warmer than 2013.
    Last edited by Henry V; 02-05-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Dayum Stan, did you just post a chart? Henry and Buzz throw down and you respond?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I see Henry doesn't have enough sense to stick his arse outside and realize its freaking cold. He needs a certified scientist to tell him so.
    Bill Davis

The science is settled. Global warming is very real. Even though it is called global warming it is responsible for a wide variety of extreme weather which can include extreme cold and snow. This has to do with the way that it effects airstreams and pressure systems. Look at the average temperature for the whole year and you will find that it is consistently above the average. It has been now every year for the last 37 years.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Science is never "settled". If it was, there would be no need for any more study. No more grants... Just send them all home. The thing you "climate change" true believers conveniently overlook is that the world began way before our little debate began. Libs seem to think the world began when they exerted their control over it...
    Bill Davis

134 years in time, of the earth, is equivilant to making one grain of sand standard for all the beaches of the world.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 02-06-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Science is never "settled". If it was, there would be no need for any more study. No more grants... Just send them all home. The thing you "climate change" true believers conveniently overlook is that the world began way before our little debate began. Libs seem to think the world began when they exerted their control over it...
    There is a vast consensus that global warning is real and man made. You are right their may never be a global warming law. What we do have is enough solid research to show that it much more likely to be true than not. You are not going to find me saying that research should not continue, but we have actionable information right now that is foolish to ignore.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'