The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labor Case

Default Labor Case

Since there are labor threads on the forum, I thought I might start one about a case I one heard of.

Seems there was a dentist that hired a girl for his office that was quite attractive, VERY ATTRACTIVE! Seems the dentist reached a point that he felt that he might not be able to control himself. Being married, he decided that the only solution was to fire the girl and at that time gave her the reason so that she would know it had nothing to do with her work. He mistakenly thought this would make her feel better.

Well the girl sued. The question is do you think she should win or not. Then do you think we even should have such laws that would promote such suits?

Rest assured IT WAS NOT ME!!! Had it been me, I probably would have kept her

I actually heard it on a radio talk show but IT WAS NOT RUSH LIMBAUGH!

So the dentist is the business owner?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    So the dentist is the business owner?
    Yep in private practice. I am sure depending on the state the result might be different and that is one of the reason for the question.

Yep, let her go, to bad so sad. Its because of dirtbag bosses like this that they have unemployment insurance, and divorces.

Yep, let her go, to bad so sad. Its because of dirtbag bosses like this that they have unemployment insurance, and divorces.
    Ok but does she win the law suit and get a reward for being fired unfairly?

I actually sympathize, because the guy was trying to right by his marriage, but there comes a time you just try to be a professional.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I actually sympathize, because the guy was trying to right by his marriage, but there comes a time you just try to be a professional.
    All that aside, should she win her saw suit and the dentist have to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Ok but does she win the law suit and get a reward for being fired unfairly?
    No, as long as there is no law addressing firing an employee without cause, which clearing this would be that case.

No, as long as there is no law addressing firing an employee without cause, which clearing this would be that case.
    I can't even remember if the state was mentioned. I did assume that the state had a law requiring that an employer show cause should it fire an employee. So let's assume that the employer must show cause when firing an employee. assuming this to be true, would you award the woman or find for the defendant? Maybe this is the better question.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    All that aside, should she win her saw suit and the dentist have to pay?
    Yes I do. It was pretty obviously sexual harassment or a least discrimination because she was a female. The one quick interview I watched she was talking about how he would text her personal messages frequently to which she claimed she did not respond and that she was fired after his wife found out about them.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."