The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Settled Science!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    There is a vast consensus that global warning is real and man made. You are right their may never be a global warming law. What we do have is enough solid research to show that it much more likely to be true than not. You are not going to find me saying that research should not continue, but we have actionable information right now that is foolish to ignore.
    There was a vast consensus a few hundred years ago the the earth was flat. However, we have technoly which is always coming along to undermine and sometimes prove true these old stories.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...wer-grids.html

This is a nice article.

There is a vast consensus that global warning is real and man made. You are right their may never be a global warming law. What we do have is enough solid research to show that it much more likely to be true than not. You are not going to find me saying that research should not continue, but we have actionable information right now that is foolish to ignore.
    A "vast consensus" of Liberals, Junk Science, and Media Propagandist....it is more likely a "vast conspiracy"

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    There was a vast consensus a few hundred years ago the the earth was flat. However, we have technoly which is always coming along to undermine and sometimes prove true these old stories.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...wer-grids.html

This is a nice article.
    The new technology and science is proving my point. The old way of thinking was that it didn't matter and now we know that it does. I am not the flat earther ignoring that which so obviously in front of my nose.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

The new technology and science is proving my point. The old way of thinking was that it didn't matter and now we know that it does. I am not the flat earther ignoring that which so obviously in front of my nose.

Another Algore devotee? When you stick your nose out and become concerned about what's in front of it, what are you doing to correct the problem, as you and your nose visualize it? Are you part of the crowd sending all your bucks to Algore so he can keep Florida from drowning? Do you place your hand on that book of phoney psycobabble penned by Gore as you pray for all the island inhabitants you expect to drown in...let's see now, we've already passed Algore's timetable for his 'chicken little' predictions...so when do you expect the planet to be under water?

Keep following Henry V. His gullability on RTF is legendary.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Another Algore devotee? When you stick your nose out and become concerned about what's in front of it, what are you doing to correct the problem, as you and your nose visualize it? Are you part of the crowd sending all your bucks to Algore so he can keep Florida from drowning? Do you place your hand on that book of phoney psycobabble penned by Gore as you pray for all the island inhabitants you expect to drown in...let's see now, we've already passed Algore's timetable for his 'chicken little' predictions...so when do you expect the planet to be under water?

Keep following Henry V. His gullability on RTF is legendary.

UB
    Denial isn't just a river that is going to dry up and go away.

let's simplify. If everything has an equal and opposite reaction, then what do you think is going with the gasses we release?
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Denial isn't just a river that is going to dry up and go away.

let's simplify. If everything has an equal and opposite reaction, then what do you think is going with the gasses we release?
    My wife either sprays Glade or lights a candle...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    My wife either sprays Glade or lights a candle...
    Your lucky mine just blames the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Science is never settled and never rests!!!.
    That's probably the best statement on this that I've seen yet.

Didn't climate change before man was around to make a difference?

Maybe global warming could be better than global cooling?

President, himself, said that the US has little impact on the big picture as long as China and India are busy scrambling to become more industrialized. So, does it make sense that we should weaken ourselves (economically) through carbon taxes (direct and/or indirect), so that China and/or India can be the primary world leaders? Will the world be better off? Will our own children and grandchildren be better off? Wouldn't that be the pragmatic approach?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The new technology and science is proving my point. The old way of thinking was that it didn't matter and now we know that it does. I am not the flat earther ignoring that which so obviously in front of my nose
    Prior to the dark ages people knew the earth was a sphere and it hung upon nothing.
    what made the dark ages dark was the covering up of the light. So generation after generation people began to believe really weird stuff. That's what happens in the absence of light.

Men of old accomplished way more with way less. The technological calculations would be impossible these days without the use of all our fancy crap. They did it with a triangle, protracter and a straight edge. They sailed by the knowledge of the stars. They mapped out continents with amazing detail. we think we are so smart today. What we know today pales in comparison to what they knew back then. Scientist are still learning things that men of old knew about, In reality we are pretty pathetic creatures compared to those of thousands of years ago.
    Hell,,, we can't even produce a machine that can cut a stone as accurately as a an ancient man with a chisel and a fricken hammer and we can't set a corner stone any more precise.
    They knew stuff we don't
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 02-10-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    That's probably the best statement on this that I've seen yet.

How much proof do you need before it is actionable? It is about 97% of scientists that agree that global warming is man made. So at what point would one have to admit that that are just being an obstructionist because they don't want to admit that they were wrong.

Didn't climate change before man was around to make a difference?

yep, but we know that we are the cause of this and have the ability to effect change on it. Do you not think the cavemen would have done something to prevent the ice age if they could have?

Maybe global warming could be better than global cooling?

Maybe, but that does not logically seem to be the case. Going on the best information it is going to be bad. The most extreme views I have heard on it described it as an extinction event. I don't believe I am there yet, but that can not be good.

President, himself, said that the US has little impact on the big picture as long as China and India are busy scrambling to become more industrialized. So, does it make sense that we should weaken ourselves (economically) through carbon taxes (direct and/or indirect), so that China and/or India can be the primary world leaders? Will the world be better off? Will our own children and grandchildren be better off? Wouldn't that be the pragmatic approach?

You and he are correct. We can however start forcing countries like China and India to start paying tariffs on goods not produced to our standards. I don't understand why we don't do that right now. This will give them financial incentives to start changing how they construct their infrastructure. There are many methods we can use to change the habits of developing economies. The important thing is to decide to do it.
    Had to write something so this would post.