The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Average Cost??

gerald,
    this was a very interesting thread you started. the dog "i know of" is currently on hold pending demo! the family passed on the baggage, said just put his things in a DG bag.
    jmc
    john mccallie

So much depends on the dog and the trainer! Im using a well known guy, who understands the style and breeding of the dog I have... He clicks with her. I think the results he is getting show that.

I have one right now..born 4/2012 sent her to the trainer at 7.5 months old, and had her Jr title at 11months old (3.5 months of training) without a scratch or fail. Senior has been a bit tougher... First test was a fail.. she crossed into an area she shouldnt have taking a not so great route to the flyer, and failed it.. Then an injury scratch (out of a test in MY backyard!) 3 good Sr passes and recently had another scratch due to weather. So she is still needing 1 pass for her Senior title, but is also running Master this weekend....and is in a few masters in coming weeks. So she should be in training about 18 mo, and about 2yrs old as a Master dog.. if all goes well.
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    gerald,
    this was a very interesting thread you started. the dog "i know of" is currently on hold pending demo! the family passed on the baggage, said just put his things in a DG bag.
    jmc
    Good for you John. Wish my timing was different. I would have really enjoyed putting some wear and tear on that luggage set.

NEW MASTER HUNTERS
    Here are the 3 dogs that have earned their MH title since the last report (Name/title/owner/breed/sex/age)> Name in red is youngest dog.

Smallest stake - 42 (CSHRC)
    Largest stake - 59 *MidFlGRC)

Brandywines Sweet Madeline MH David Ladd BF 5.8 yo

Candlewood Chunky Girl MH Jeanne Fowler YLF 3.7 yo

Elmingo's Violence On Request MH Rod Neterer BLF 5.2 yo

Note: The Retriever Results database is adding history every day. As a result, title announcements may be either premature or late. If we've missed a title you have earned, let us know.
    NEW SENIOR HUNTERS
    Here are the 7 dogs that have earned their SH since the last report (name/title/owner/breed/sex/age). Name in red is youngest dog.

Smallest stake - 12 (CSHRC)
    Largest stake - 28 (MidFlGRC)

Lady Sandy Belle SH Charles Schumacher, Jr YLF 3.9 yo
    Magicgold's Rock A Doodle Doo SH Cheryl Baca GF 1.9 yo
    Rida's Mad Max SH Sandra Kenny BLM 2.1 yo
    Sorrento's Wingnut SH Cole Fertic CLM 9.1 yo

Turbo Break My Rusty Cage And Run SH James Bryan GM 1.8 yo
    Turbo Smoke'n Khaotic Explosion SH Ron Rubrecht GF 2.8 yo
    Turbo Supersonic Shock Wave SH Bob Smith GM 1.8 yo

Note: The Retriever Results database is adding history every day. As a result, title announcements may be either premature or late. If we've missed a title you have earned, let us know.
    NEW JUNIOR HUNTERS
    Here are the 14 dogs that have earned their JH since the last report (name/title/owner/breed/sex/age). Name in red is youngest dog.

Smallest stake - 31 (CSHRC)
    Largest stake - 40 (MidFlGRC)

Beechglenns St. Teresa JH Julie Oven YLF 1.2 yo
    Dr. Emmett Brown JH Charlie Bassett BLM 1.6 yo
    CH Hawks Nest Saranac Roll Of The Dice JH Joy Annunziato NF 3.1 yo
    GCH-CH Kd's Tropical Provo JH Margaret Aldridge NM 4.6 yo
    Knightdrmz Frank Lloyd Wright JH Janet Moore GM 4.2 yo
    Knudsen's Goose Of Glenn JH Knud Knudsen BLM 1 yo
    Maroco Dream Girl JH Colleen Markins YLF 2.7 yo
    Moore's Cole Ii JH Mark Moore BLM 1 yo
    Morninglo Breeze's Ripple Effect JH Glenda Manucy GF 1.7 yo
    Qvale's Mabel JH Bruce Qvale BLF 1.1 yo
    Qvale's Murphy JH Bruce Qvale BLM 1.1 yo
    CH Scion's 4play JH Kathy Cudak GM 3.1 yo

Topbrass City Limits JH Bob & Macy Swift GM 0.9 yo
    Xl Javelina Lady Penelope JH Randall Hudson YLF 1 yo

Note: The Retriever Results database is adding history every day. As a result, title announcements may be either premature

This is from Retriever Results HT edition. Note the ages of the MH and SH dogs that just titled. 12-18 months of training to achieve the MH title is just a little bit optomistic.

As someone already posted, it takes as long as it takes.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

To send a dog to be trained full time is very expensive.

If you have access to a training group and decent grounds, you can send a dog away for the winter and spring and train him yourself the rest of the year. Then it's only "pretty" expensive.

If you are trying to do something at FT higher levels it's necessary for most people to do it that way IMO.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

We have been in and out of the "game" for a number of years. We have used pro's and we have done it ourselves with the help of some great people and great advice. We have literally spent tens of thousands on dogs and training. Most recently we had a very nice 16 month old male that had 11 months pro training and as the pro said, he was the star of the class. For some unknown reason we found him deceased in his kennel 6 weeks ago. We had autopsy done and tissues sent to the University and found no cause of death. What a great disappointment and heartache !! Not to mention the loss of a wonderful young dog with loads of talent there is also the financial loss of about $15k. Does a person jump back in and go again or walk away and say to heck with it? We have decided to go again as we love the dogs and what they give to us. If a person has to ask the cost then probably best to stay away from the "game".
    ENJOY THE JOURNEY!!!

mine is going to be 525/month,,,everything included....a very reputable trainer...