Sunday evening my dog came to me distressed, swallowing, and licking furniture/the floor/anything within reach over and over. I thought something was lodged in her throat. I opened her mouth but didn't see anything. I gave her hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting and she threw up all her dinner and the episode was over.
Monday evening I could hear her coughing while I was taking a shower. I come out and she had thrown up her dinner in my bedroom but was still doing the swallowing thing. I gave her hydrogen peroxide and water. She threw up the fluids and was fine.
No problems Tuesday or Wednesday.
Today she's had some swallowing thing episodes that only lasted a a couple minutes. No choking, coughing, or vomiting, and not really any of the licking. I called the vet, they don't have any suggestions besides bring her in for a look. I found some threads online with people describing the exact same thing but no clear cause. I read that it may be post nasal drip or an allergic reaction to something. Any ideas? Thanks