The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GDG Amazing Photography, Beautiful Music GDG

Default GDG Amazing Photography, Beautiful Music GDG

Don't know how many of you have seen any of the Ted Talks, but I ran across this one and was absolutely mesmerized. Paul Nicklen is clearly crazy, but also an amazing photographer. I also love Brandi Carlile's "Have You Ever" which he uses in one of the slide shows. Hope you all enjoy. (Don't think that I have posted it already).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xql...erlands_travel

HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Thanks, that was very very cool. Here is what I was working on, just last night:

http://youtu.be/kmg_pXiTaFI

I appreciate your pointing me to it.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Thanks, that was very very cool. Here is what I was working on, just last night:

http://youtu.be/kmg_pXiTaFI

I appreciate your pointing me to it.

Chris
    Whoops...that was meant to be sent to HPL last night via PM. Oh well, The world knows. I played a guitar (poorly) last night.

To Road Kill Stan - I also played some Neil Young. I love the Hal Leonard material!

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Looks like you have D mastered.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

HPL,

Thanks. That was incredible! Made my morning!
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    Looks like you have D mastered.
    That video is not me. That's a guy who has a youtube channel called privettrckr. He is a pretty good guitarist and has numerous lessons online.

I wish I had D mastered as well as this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by suepuff View Post
    HPL,

Thanks. That was incredible! Made my morning!
    Glad you enjoyed it. I found another Paul Nicklen presentation about penguins. He has some great images there too. The thing that really amazed me in that one was he said he shot 300,000 frames on that job (which I think he says was about 6 weeks). I just had to have the shutter mechanisms replaced on both my cameras, both at just under 100,000 images each. Now, I thought I shot a fair number of images, but those cameras were several years old, and TOGETHER didn't have even 200,000 frames!! 300,000 frames in less than two months!!! Man!!

HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Thanks Chris....... I think... now I have to learn it.... ��
    Steve Lithgow
    Las Cruces, NM
    "The thing that makes them good... is the thing that makes them bad" ~Pete Richardson Marble Mtn Walkers, Vermont
    "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.... " ~Ron Schaitel
    "What's the difference between a pro and an amateur..... ""About a tenth of a second"" ~Bill Gibbons
    "Ugh... my dog broke....! ""There's never been one worth a flip that hasn't"" ~John Steger

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Don't know how many of you have seen any of the Ted Talks, but I ran across this one and was absolutely mesmerized. Paul Nicklen is clearly crazy, but also an amazing photographer. I also love Brandi Carlile's "Have You Ever" which he uses in one of the slide shows. Hope you all enjoy. (Don't think that I have posted it already).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xql...erlands_travel

HPL
    I real enjoyed the last section with the photos and talking about diving with the leopard seals.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    I real enjoyed the last section with the photos and talking about diving with the leopard seals.
    Yeah, like I said, the guy's NUTS!!! (but he is an entertaining speaker and has some amazing images).
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)