The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm pissed our president is pushing a gay delegate on the Russians !

The fact that someone chooses a different lifestyle than I do is their business. But, I don't need (or want) to know about it. A large percentage of the country feels that way. Just do what you are going to do and don't shove it in everyone's face... Especially our kids...

The libs know that, they just don't care. Their moral superiority want to force everyone to agree with them.
    Bill Davis

Is somebody afraid that too much awareness may cause their child to decide to become gay???

Amazing.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Is somebody afraid that too much awareness may cause their child to decide to become gay???

Amazing.

JS
    Standard response.

My youngest is 23... He thinks for himself.

I don't worry too much about it. Do your thing, I'll do mine.

Just don't try to make me conform to your way of thinking.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    The fact that someone chooses a different lifestyle than I do is their business. But, I don't need (or want) to know about it. A large percentage of the country feels that way. Just do what you are going to do and don't shove it in everyone's face... Especially our kids...

The libs know that, they just don't care. Their moral superiority want to force everyone to agree with them.
    If they were not being discriminated against, I would agree with you. My feeling is they were forced into this position for their own protection. I don't think anyone wants to have to fight for their own equality.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post

Bill, that should be the case with everything. Unless what you are doing/believing in directly affects me or mine, who am I to judge?

And you second statement fits the neo-cons and ultra righties as easily as your use for libs.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    If they were not being discriminated against, I would agree with you. My feeling is they were forced into this position for their own protection. I don't think anyone wants to have to fight for their own equality.
    Henlee.... I agree that it is not right to discriminate against gays, regardless, but if they were not in everyone's face about it, they would find less resistance. A simple fact of life is that people do discriminate, always have always will for whatever reasons. Our Government should not legislate for discrimination, and should have laws against it. But when you do things to show everyone that you are different you have to accept the fact that some people will discriminate against you, so keep it low key and/or private! Especially, if you understand your lifestyle or behavior is against some peoples core beliefs such as religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    You didn't hear the left say this type of statement in regards to our Vietnam Vets and the discrimation they received. It gives real insight to the true agenda which is division of the country based on class, income and sex.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Henlee.... I agree that it is not right to discriminate against gays, regardless, but if they were not in everyone's face about it, they would find less resistance. A simple fact of life is that people do discriminate, always have always will for whatever reasons. Our Government should not legislate for discrimination, and should have laws against it. But when you do things to show everyone that you are different you have to accept the fact that some people will discriminate against you, so keep it low key and/or private! Especially, if you understand your lifestyle or behavior is against some peoples core beliefs such as religion.
    Low key and private just promotes more discrimination. I am suggesting that they be out there to show they are different, quite the opposite I want people to see that they are like everyone else. The idea is to put a face on it, because it is so easy to attack the nameless masses and a lot harder who attack the hard working kid who brought home a gold medal. It will al translate out to a more accepting mindset. This is a tool that was used in baseball with Jackie Robinson when the fight was for African Americans. How accepting are we now to black athletes? Keeping their heads low and trying to be private about didn't work if you look at how they were treated in the past. I am sorry if you feel they are in your face about it, but what choice did they have?
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    You didn't hear the left say this type of statement in regards to our Vietnam Vets and the discrimation they received. It gives real insight to the true agenda which is division of the country based on class, income and sex.
    I am unaware of legislation in your country making it illegal to be a Vietnam Vet.
    The situation in Russia isn't about lack of respect for LGBTs, it is about judicial persecution for being what they are. No person chooses to be queer, they either are or they aren't, no heterosexual is at risk of being converted.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

[QUOTE;1187108]Low key and private just promotes more discrimination.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't buy that arguement when it comes to sexual preferences. How does anyone watching the Olympics know what a participant does in their bedroom? And, if I were watching the Olympics it wouldn't be to find out what someone does in their bedroom.

Tom
    Tom Wall