The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Used diesel

Default Used diesel

Need some input on the used diesel's. looking for a used 1 ton 4 door, I know to stay away from ford's 6.0, and I currently have a 7.3 which I am keeping, any thoughts or experiences with, chevy, dodge or ford, any year preference? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prairiewind View Post
    Need some input on the used diesel's. looking for a used 1 ton 4 door, I know to stay away from ford's 6.0, and I currently have a 7.3 which I am keeping, any thoughts or experiences with, chevy, dodge or ford, any year preference? Thanks
    I disagree but would only recommend a 6.0 if "bulletproofed"...with 2006-2007 being preferred. No first gen 6.0...wiring harnesses and such.
    Last edited by kjrice; 02-13-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

my 2003 dodge ram has been awesome, 300,000 miles on it the 5.9L has performed fantastic

Gm with Duramax/Allison is a nice truck. Like any truck, there are know problems with each year to look out for. 01-04 have injector problems. Make sure they have already been replaced. 01-07 have a transfer case issue that can be prevented with an inexpensive fix. The engine and transmission pulls well and are generally very reliable.

6.0s are good engines as long as they are not abused or molested. A genuine stock 6.0, a later version as stated above, will make a very reliable truck.