The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chest Wader ?????

For the breathable insulated waders the Banded ones are top notch. Like putting on a pair of overall bibs that keep you dry. Will say that they are not as warm as neoprene if you are standing in flooded timber in the boot area but the new models that they are coming out with are going to have more insulation in the boots.
    Lone Oak's Marley Man.. (My first)

+1 on the Rogers Toughman Waders. 5mm with 1600 grams of thinsulate in boots for $149.00 and free shipping. I've been using them for the last two seasons with no complaints.

These are becoming all the rage in the PAC NW. https://usia.com/shop/waders/

They are made in NW Oregon and they custom make them to your size, can choose boots, they have Bogs now, and custom pockets etc. This company make dive suits for the military. They are also coming out with a new indestructible material version later this spring but are more pricey. The reviews on these are outstanding, they are not breathable and the owner will tell you breathable is not waterproof. www.ifish.net has a ton of reviews of them and the owner of the company is on there. These will be my next waders.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Have had Cabela's Dry Plus for three seasons and have held up just fine.
    Like some others have posted, the boots on breathable waders don't have the insulation most neoprene waders have, but it's not that big of a deal to me. Some wool socks and if needed some sole warmers and I'm good to go.

Thanks for everyone's input, I do appreciate it.

I've had a pair of Cabela's dry plus waders for 4 years now and they have held up well. I agree that they are not as warm in the boots as most neoprenes but that is easily managed with thicker socks. Breathable is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jd6400 View Post
    X2.................
    X3. Simms is the best.

I've had good luck for 5 years now with my Cabela's Supermags. I even got them in the bargain cave for $40!

I would never own Neoprene Waders again!! My most used Wader is Lacross Alpha Swampfox especially for warm weather hunting. It does not feel like you are wearing waders at all. The Mack's Praire Breathable with 1000gram boot is heavier construction than Lacross Swampfox and will do better in cold weather and brushy conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashmoney View Post
    I've had a pair of Cabela's dry plus waders for 4 years now and they have held up well. I agree that they are not as warm in the boots as most neoprenes but that is easily managed with thicker socks. Breathable is the way to go.
    Another vote for Cabelas Dry Plus breathable waders. Only issue is they assume if you wear a size 13 boot that you must weigh around 300lbs. Mine are tall regular and my 180 lbs could fit in there twice!