The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eckett question

Default Eckett question

i have some training material and notes from a Bill Eckett seminar and it does not have any information whether he does the single or double T in his program. it has the 3 and 5 leg patterns instead. could someone tell me whether he does the does the single and double T along with the 3 and 5 leg patterns or just the 3 and 5 leg patterns? thanks

I'm not trying to speak for Bill, but wouldn't it be redundant?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

just trying to clarify and compare notes from Mr. Eckett vs Farmer, Lardy or Evan. Farmer, Lardy and Evan use single and double T. a friend that runs hunt tests uses the 3 and 5 leg patterns instead for his program. but i want to say i heard Evan comment on either his training material or rtf that in order to be successful at field trials, you would have to perform the single and double T. just wondering about Eckett, if uses the 3 and 5 leg pattern vs T/TT and gets the same results since he has been very successful.

Ask one of his clients or ask him yourself. He's always been very nice when I've called him to discuss dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbs515 View Post
    i heard Evan comment on either his training material or rtf that in order to be successful at field trials, you would have to perform the single and double T.
    You listen to Evan Graham over Bill Eckett??
    I don't care who you are; That;s some some funny $HIT right there

lol. i didnt say that. i have training material from all of these folks and i am comparing

Quote Originally Posted by Webbs515 View Post
    just trying to clarify and compare notes from Mr. Eckett vs Farmer, Lardy or Evan. Farmer, Lardy and Evan use single and double T. a friend that runs hunt tests uses the 3 and 5 leg patterns instead for his program. but i want to say i heard Evan comment on either his training material or rtf that in order to be successful at field trials, you would have to perform the single and double T. just wondering about Eckett, if uses the 3 and 5 leg pattern vs T/TT and gets the same results since he has been very successful.
    From this post it appears you are either guessing or asserting that I have said or written that a trainer must run Single and Double T in order to be successful at field trials. You must have misunderstood me because I neither said, nor wrote that. If you have any questions for me you only need to ask.

To what end are you inquiring? Do you want to know something about my method, or about Bill's? Or is it something else altogether?

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Bill has not run a T/TT or 3 leg in a very long time j/k.. His program is geared toward the 3-leg and 5-leg. There have been a few basic trainers there that have run both but it was not standard in the program. They are virtually one in the same and if taught/applied correctly accomplish the same thing and that is coming from a guy who spent 10 years there.

Does Eckett have any material published (reading or viewing)for his program , training sequences , .... ?

I missed his seminar a couple years ago ,and would love to attend one if he has another planned.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Dex, how does the 3 legged pattern and the 5 legged pattern take the place of the TT? How do you go about doing the 3 legged and 5 legged patterns? There's a lot of info written on the TT, but not much written on the alternatives.

Hate the Double T regards,

Charles