The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Ukraine, what side are we on?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,427

    Default Ukraine, what side are we on?

    seems President Obama and Senator Paul are on the same side on this one, none of our bees wax. Putin is going to send a mediator, oh my! how does a kgb thug mediate? what side is rtf potus on?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    seems President Obama and Senator Paul are on the same side on this one, none of our bees wax. Putin is going to send a mediator, oh my! how does a kgb thug mediate? what side is rtf potus on?
    In most cases, the info we receive never tells the whole story . Which side were you on in Syria? No one likes to see innocents involved.
    But when one chooses to live where one does, it goes with the territory. Kind of like living in WA with it's leftwing ideology. There are places
    here that are not very safe, & the lefty environment just raises one's blood pressure. $15 minimum Wage anyone?
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    . Which side were you on in Syria??
    the Ottoman's, british should have left them alone back in the '20's.
    then that blasted 6 day war!! what the heck, never a fan of that, have started posts about it.
    got roasted.
    but lets not branch off.
    ... Ukraine... will they be going, as that pop songs sang "Back to the USSR" ?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  4. #4
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    In most cases, the info we receive never tells the whole story . Which side were you on in Syria? No one likes to see innocents involved.
    But when one chooses to live where one does, it goes with the territory. Kind of like living in WA with it's leftwing ideology. There are places
    here that are not very safe, & the lefty environment just raises one's blood pressure. $15 minimum Wage anyone?
    Marvin, I agree with your comments....as I watch some of the very brave news reporters that are in that area, I wonder if any of the facts are getting out. I have heard nothing so far as to what the conflict is really about. I am sure that our state department has spent the last few days, writing that dialog for the news people to tell us about....more Propaganda...

    as for our country....try living in Chicago or Detroit...with the strongest gun laws in place and more murders per person that anywhere else in the country.....
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 02-20-2014 at 11:11 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member HuntClub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Washington County, Mn
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Don't you all worry, Joe Biden is on it........he's going to scale the monument in the middle of independence square and blast two rounds (in the air) from a double barrel, problem solved.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Marvin, I agree with your comments....as I watch some of the very brave news reporters that are in that area, I wonder if any of the facts are getting out. I have heard nothing so far as to what the conflict is really about. I am sure that our state department has spent the last few days, writing that dialog for the news people to tell us about....more Propaganda...

    as for our country....try living in Chicago or Detroit...with the strongest gun laws in place and more murders per person that anywhere else in the country.....
    I think the state department is going to run the old script they used in Bengahzi and blame it on youtube. Even though it is wrong it wont give any unwanted backlash, and it could solidify john Kerry as a vice presidential nominee with Hillary. They could talk about their "consistency" of Foreign policy.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    It's none of our business. Neither was Syria. Or Iraq. Or Afghanistan. Or Iraq.

    We spend our Armed Service's lives and our treasury with total abandon, and to what end?-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    .................................................. .................................
    ... Ukraine... will they be going, as that pop songs sang "Back to the USSR" ?
    Yep, handy little problem to use for "help" from "R". When the smoke clears who will be in charge.
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    It's none of our business. Neither was Syria. Or Iraq. Or Afghanistan. Or Iraq.

    We spend our Armed Service's lives and our treasury with total abandon, and to what end?-Paul
    Agree 100%. I think we need to fix our own country first.
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  10. #10
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,315

    Default

    It ain't our business. It ain't our problem. It ain't a ball game. We don't have to pick sides. Let them sort it out.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •