The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk about Ideological Idiocy

Cabin fever running high 2/13-14/2014 w/11 inches of snow two more inches on the 15th. Pay attention all you "little people!" "Billionaire tech mogul Tom Perkins who compared the treatment of the 1% to the Holocaust says that Americans who pay the highest taxes should get the most votes in elections." -2/13/14 . True alpha capitalism. Money talks BS walks. I have stated several time previous most Americans do not want true Ann Rand etc. capitalism in the same vein that Karl Marx could write about the proletariat because he married a rich upper class woman who paid his way. Hypocrites. Death and taxes (4/15/2014) are the two guarantees of existence. Do you think Perkins' family has fought in Afghanistan/Iraq?

Come on now.....those Union guys are just putting a few bucks in the pot to support what they believe....

Let's be honest they have no choice how much is taken from them or how it is used....in some states you cannot work in the company unless you pay the union dues....in the right to work states, the union guys will beat the crap out of you if you choose not to join the union....and pay your dues....

This is one of the dirty little secrets.....! I am not saying they are all corrupt, but many are, especially the big ones....

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Those EVIL Koch brothers!!!!

Who is "Act Blue?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You won't see the Koch brothers in that list because they give their money to political action committees that can keep their donations and identity secret.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Buzz, your thought process is unbelievable. It's only the rich, evil individuals not sharing the liberal mind set like you that you bitch about. How about all of the many, many rich liberals that do the same thing? The entire liberal platform is so hypocritical!!!!
    Last edited by coachmo; 02-14-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You won't see the Koch brothers in that list because they give their money to political action committees that can keep their donations and identity secret.
    If it's a secret.......how do you know???????

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I think it is fixable, but you have to start early in the game with the kids. The most effective potion to curing welfare dependency is completing a high school with some additional training. Aggressive truancy reduction programs will save big bucks down the road.

I agree that detached parenting is a big cause of an underachieving youth population. It extends to ALL economic classes. A big portion of truant kids come from middle class homes. Ma and Pa will get the message real quick when their little darling gets ordered to a group home over a weekend and they get hit with the $1200 bill. Your kids not in school and they are under 18? No welfare for them.

Another thing that needs to be addressed is how the culture views work. All gainful work has dignity.

The school system also has to tailor programs more effectively toward training students that are not college bound. There is too much of a skew toward educating for college admission and not enough for students that would fair better in a different environment.

I like the idea behind the Civilian Conservation Corps of the 30's. It got unemployed youth out of the cities where they might cause trouble. It put them under supervision of an a non-com from the military. It built a work ethic and taught practical skills. It offered an opportunity to gain a GED. The CCC constructed public works in the national forests and parks that still serve today. The participants earned a small stipend, the majority of which they had to sent home to help support the rest of the family. When war broke out the CCC program made it possible to build an effective military rapidly.

I know that I m' not offering all the answers here. But it is my two cents for whatever its worth.
    I think that the points you outline are one that everyone on this forum agree with. The devil seems to be in the details about solving the problems.

I may not agree with Buzz that the schools in our area provide an excellent education. The schools in poorer areas have higher incidents of violence and non-graduates from high school. Both of those are symptoms of parents who can't provide the role model for their kids. In a fair percentage of those cases, it may not be possible to change who the parents are. Their ability to be role models for their children may have been lacking in their own childhoods. I'm not sure what the answer is for those parents' kids.

We now know that "Head Start" programs have only temporary success. Once those young kids move into the violent schools, the benefits of the Head Start programs evaporate. Fear for your life can do that.

A "new" CCC Sarge suggests might be a good way to help those kids. It could also be an excellent way to give veterans returning from the ME some excellent opportunities. Removing the kids from their toxic urban environments can be a good start, and providing constructive work will occupy their time and also their excess energy.

Locally, an aspiring Eagle Scout, as part of his Eagle project, wanted to recruit other scouts to clean up a park for which the city budget was unable to provide funds. Can you believe the local city workers' union objected to the kids doing the job for which union members would otherwise be hired. Since the city had no money to hire those workers, the union would rather have the park stay useless and and eyesore (and possible danger)? Fortunately, the local citizens caused an uproar over this, and the scouts were ultimately allowed to proceed with the project.

(My snowplow just arrived. He has a front-end loader with him. We got about 18" and the blown snow was just about 18" from the top of my 5-ft fence in the dog exercise yard! The piles along the driveway are about 8 ft. high! At least the power stayed on!)
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

C'mon, guys. Certainly someone knows union dues cannot be used for political contributions. Those political contributions are voluntary collections from members for the express purpose of supporting candidates and issues friendly to the union membership.
    I know I have said this before ... explained it specifically to roadkill. Maybe he forgot OR ... if you keep throwing enough sh!t at the wall, maybe some of it will stick.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    C'mon, guys. Certainly someone knows union dues cannot be used for political contributions. Those political contributions are voluntary collections from members for the express purpose of supporting candidates and issues friendly to the union membership.
    I know I have said this before ... explained it specifically to roadkill. Maybe he forgot OR ... if you keep throwing enough sh!t at the wall, maybe some of it will stick.

JS
    Buzz was complaining about the evil Koch brothers campaign spending, I simply posted the data to put their spending in context.
    But evidently, Buzz knows a secret!

BTW--I have that explanation you gave me.....right here on the wall!
    Last edited by road kill; 02-14-2014 at 03:29 PM.

You been railing against "Da Unions" forever roadkill and you don't know your ass from peanut butter about a union ... what power they have or what their limitations are. I don't know what kind of bad experiences you have had with unions but I can swear, most of what you post about them (as well as a good number of others on this POTUS) is flat out wrong, misleading or taken out of context. I don't care what your attitude is about workers being represented by a union, but at least educate yourself about the subject and quit making yourself look like an idiot.

Some of us know.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    You been railing against "Da Unions" forever roadkill and you don't know your ass from peanut butter about a union ... what power that have or what their limitations are. I don't know what kind of bad experiences you have had with unions but I can swear, most of what you post about them (as well as a good number of others on this POTUS) is flat out wrong, misleading or taken out of context. I don't care what your attitude is about workers being represented by a union, but at least educate yourself about the subject and quit making yourself look like an idiot.

JS
    Well, you are a very nice man....on the internet.

I have never railed against trade unions and in fact have qualified more than once that my issue is not with trade unions but public employee unions.

But hey, you got to call me a name.
    Awesome, you da man!

Maybe you can go brag how you called someone a name on the interweb!!!

Have a nice Valentines day!!!

Which union do you belong to?
    Is it on the list so we can see what party your union dues go to?
    I mean the numbers are right there on the list, which ones are incorrect?
    Last edited by road kill; 02-14-2014 at 03:35 PM.