The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sold out in less than one hour!

Has anyone else noticed a descrepancy in the number of entrants posted on different pages of EE? For example, I use their event calendar and upon clicking on a certain event like the one discussed here, it showed 65 entries however when you click on "view entries" it showed 121 (for a little while), then it went to 120. I've e-mailed EE about it but have yet to get any response.

I spoke to an Event Secrertary who said that you could email EE about getting on a "waiting list" with the possibility of entering if someone scratches prior to the close of the test.

A call to EE has confirmed that this is NOT true.

I'm on active duty in the military, and I have one dog that I want to run in a MH test. It's extremely frustrating to miss this sort of stuff, because I'm not sitting down in front of a computer waiting for the test entries to open. At this rate, I'm going to have a really tough time getting my girl to a test.

There's got to be a better way...
    "Somehow this creature has completed my manhood; somehow, I cannot explain why, a man ought to have a dog. A man ought to have six legs; those other four legs are part of him." -G.K. Chesterton

http://www.facebook.com/pennyretrievers

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Duck Hunter View Post
    Actually, Mark, we did just recently join WARC at one of their training days. We can't make the meetings but wanted to join so they knew they could could on us to help and to attend a few of their great training days.

But you are right I was just reporting, not bragging or complaining. We plan to enter a Junior dog.

I agree that there is a fine line between managing the clubs resources and servicing the retriever community. I don't know what the answer is. Perhaps conflicting tests on the weekends so the Master entries could be spread out over 3 or 4 flights each weekend. Brazosport and one of the clubs in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area did that a couple of Decembers ago. Seemed to work out pretty well, from what I recall.
    I think that's the best option. I can't believe HTs are that popular over there, they are pretty much dying out here. I think we only had about 30 or so last Master I entered.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Mtn View Post
    Just a heads up.. only a few holes left in the Master at the Sooner test in May
    I jumped on this one right away!
    "Somehow this creature has completed my manhood; somehow, I cannot explain why, a man ought to have a dog. A man ought to have six legs; those other four legs are part of him." -G.K. Chesterton

http://www.facebook.com/pennyretrievers

Ive got to be honest; after reading the title I thought this thread was about .22 bullets...I should have known better; an hour is quite a bit of time for them to be on the shelf
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC

I would like to make a comment on the pro's in the giving back to the clubs. The local pro's in the Giddings/Lexington/Manheim area have given back to the local clubs. They open their training properties to for club training on the weekends. I have personally seen and had them offer bird boys, clients, or spouses to help at the hunt tests when help is short. They promote and encourage their clients to run their own dogs. They are giving back to the sport. The pro's in this area are an asset to the clubs.

And as I mentioned on another post..... Some of the pro clients give back either by helping at the test or...as in our case helping at clubs in the clients area,...where they are not even running a dog
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Dixie's Crimson Tide MH (Yup...a Golden!)

Marks-A-Lot's Irish Boy- AKA"The Pup"

I haven't heard the "Master Hunter Excellent" stake mentioned as a solution in a while....

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=&...pe=&as_rights=

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

I know the Metro alliance test filled very quickly this morning as well!
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Dixie's Crimson Tide MH (Yup...a Golden!)

Marks-A-Lot's Irish Boy- AKA"The Pup"

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Mtn View Post
    I know the Metro alliance test filled very quickly this morning as well!
    Yep, I missed the boat on that one. Double master gone in no time...

I feel like I'm bidding on Ebay and trying to get check in and put in my entry at the perfect time!