The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Sold out in less than one hour!

In the agility world there is an open date for entries. No entries accepted before that time. It would be nice if there was an open date/time listed for HT entries.

Dawn
    mostlygold
    Terrill's Mr Butch CDX TT; Terrill's Adalay CD TD; Goldtraks Once 'n Luv with Amy CD MH WCX; Goldtraks Opening Day; Highlands Split Image MH WCX **; Karousel's Goldtrak Maguire JH WCX; Highlands On A Dare CD MH WCX **; MHR HRCH Adirondac Bustd at the Bordr UD MH AXP AJP WCX CCA VCX CL3 PKII PDI; Mostlygold's On the Mark CL3 PJII PKI; HR WR Adirondac Mountain Renegade CDX MH WCX CCA VC

We don't stop playing because we've grown old, we grow old because we've stopped playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Brakke View Post
    Crazy!!! Its time to limit the number of dogs per handler.

Also, its nice to see the Pros get to pay just prior to the test as a EE VIP. Wish I had that option to sign up without paying until later.
    What does the payment have to do with it? The VIP deal is just a line of credit. Check with EE and get signed up if you think it will help you enter tests somehow.

Run Field Trials!
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Brad B View Post
    What does the payment have to do with it? The VIP deal is just a line of credit. Check with EE and get signed up if you think it will help you enter tests somehow.
    Absolutely it does, think about it. When I enter one dog I pay NOW. I must have the resources in the bank now to enter. If the test opens and I am low on cash, then I must wait until the cash is available. In a close with in days or hours, then I am SOL. It happened to me last year.

VIP requirement is High Volume transactions then they allow, not for your Am with 2 dogs. "EE VIP Our AKC VIP program is exclusively for our high volume AKC handlers."

Pro enters all of his Master Dogs and does not pay until "prior to the test" which can be the last day leading up to it. That's a lot of flexibility and helps cash flow ... and allows them to enter all dogs at one time without paying. If you can not see this as an advantage, then ..... in the two TX tests there is one Pro that owes $2200 and all the AMs (4 or 6) paid in advance.
    Last edited by Joe Brakke; 02-13-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    Joe B.

Northern Colorado

Lakotaridge Heartsome Tanner SH "Tanner"
    HRCH Bella's Devine Independence SH "Indy"
    Lakota Ridge Sage JH "Sage"
    SHR APR KB's Lakota Ridge Delaney "Del"
    RIP Oryan of Cork "Orion"

"The solution is within the problem"

I get your point, just don't think that feature of EE is being used that much to make a difference.

With my trainer, the OWNER enters and pays for the dog to be entered. So there isnt any EE advantage there.
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

If someone calls EE and scratches prior to the closing date, do they update the website and show that there is an opening?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Brakke View Post
    Absolutely it does, think about it. When I enter one dog I pay NOW. I must have the resources in the bank now to enter. If the test opens and I am low on cash, then I must wait until the cash is available. In a close with in days or hours, then I am SOL. It happened to me last year.

VIP requirement is High Volume transactions then they allow, not for your Am with 2 dogs. "EE VIP Our AKC VIP program is exclusively for our high volume AKC handlers."

Pro enters all of his Master Dogs and does not pay until "prior to the test" which can be the last day leading up to it. That's a lot of flexibility and helps cash flow ... and allows them to enter all dogs at one time without paying. If you can not see this as an advantage, then ..... in the two TX tests there is one Pro that owes $2200 and all the AMs (4 or 6) paid in advance.

I think you misunderstand how this works.

I am a VIP member. If I enter my dogs as a VIP, EE needs to receive my check by the day of the event. This does not help cash flow.

If, instead, I enter as non-VIP, I use my credit card, I don't get charged for 30 days. This does help cash flow. Also, if I use my credit card, I earn miles, points, etc.

The upshot is that I don't use the VIP function and nobody I know uses the VIP function. It is more practical to use a credit card like everyone else.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Maddox View Post
    If someone calls EE and scratches prior to the closing date, do they update the website and show that there is an opening?
    Yes, but you have to catch it when it's open to take advantage of it. I was able to get one additional dog into a local test just by checking back each day and I happened to see it at the right time. Of course there's the option of having someone you know scratch and ya'll could coordinate when the scratch is made, that might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post

I think you misunderstand how this works.

I am a VIP member. If I enter my dogs as a VIP, EE needs to receive my check by the day of the event. This does not help cash flow.

If, instead, I enter as non-VIP, I use my credit card, I don't get charged for 30 days. This does help cash flow. Also, if I use my credit card, I earn miles, points, etc.

The upshot is that I don't use the VIP function and nobody I know uses the VIP function. It is more practical to use a credit card like everyone else.
    Eaxctly! Thanks for spelling that out Ted. In my opinion, if your hobby hinges on having that $80 in the bank then you're probably in the wrong hobby.