The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Sold out in less than one hour!

I have not had a problem but it takes me at least 20 minutes to enter my 2 dogs and a friend's dog which I run. Am I just slow going through the process for each dog including entering CC information for each? Can't imagine someone entering 20 dogs doing what I do in less than an hour. There must be a better way to enter multiple dogs than what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I have not had a problem but it takes me at least 20 minutes to enter my 2 dogs and a friend's dog which I run. Am I just slow going through the process for each dog including entering CC information for each? Can't imagine someone entering 20 dogs doing what I do in less than an hour. There must be a better way to enter multiple dogs than what I do.
    You are for sure doing it wrong. I timed myself (several times today) and it takes me about 2 min. to enter. That's anywhere from 6 master dogs to 1 junior dog. Granted, I do have my CC # memorized and can type close to 60 WPM and ten key is over 120 WPM. But I can't imagine what you're doing for 20 min. even with the slowest interweb speeds.

Thanks Brad, someone posted that a pro could enter 20 dogs with just a single click and I wanted to know if multiple dogs could be entered at one time. I am slow entering dogs. Don't do it a lot even though I also run HRC. I even did a practice run last night and missed the check of release of liability and had to go back a screen. I do have my dogs' information on EE but then after entering 1 dog, I have to figure out how to click on information for next dog.

The last thing I want to do is get 1 or 2 dogs entered and not all. I can understand the pros feeling the same way. I have no desire to make a long trip and take the time for just 1. So I just forget entering if it looks like I might not get all entered. I am glad to help out at my club's HT even if I choose not to run a dog, but it will be much harder to help if I can't run. It is an unfortunate situation and hopefully will be fixed.

As to the advantage of using a CC over the VIP payment method......It would depend on what point in my CC billing cycle I was in when the charge was made.
    That of course is unless one could pay off their VIP balance using a credit card, perhaps one hooked up with a PayPal account

Best of both worlds regards

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

I haven't really given this next statement a lot of thought; but, wouldn't the problem be solved if pro's couldn't enter dogs... Hear me out. I am not talking about them not handling the dogs. EE could set up the system so that the owner/co-owner of the dog must be the one to enter the dog. Takes the headaches away from the pro's on entry fees as the owner would have to pay at the time of entry. Takes away the problem of a pro entering 20 dogs at one time thereby giving everyone the same opportunity to get their dog entered..........just a thought. Good, bad, indifferent............Now that I have put this out there, I'll think of all the drawbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Thanks Brad, someone posted that a pro could enter 20 dogs with just a single click and I wanted to know if multiple dogs could be entered at one time. I am slow entering dogs. Don't do it a lot even though I also run HRC. I even did a practice run last night and missed the check of release of liability and had to go back a screen. I do have my dogs' information on EE but then after entering 1 dog, I have to figure out how to click on information for next dog.

The last thing I want to do is get 1 or 2 dogs entered and not all. I can understand the pros feeling the same way. I have no desire to make a long trip and take the time for just 1. So I just forget entering if it looks like I might not get all entered. I am glad to help out at my club's HT even if I choose not to run a dog, but it will be much harder to help if I can't run. It is an unfortunate situation and hopefully will be fixed.
    Yes you can enter all your dogs on one transaction. You shouldn't have to "figure out how to click on info for the next dog", if they are all under "My Dogs" then you just go down the list and check which dog you want in which stake.
    But the problem is not how to enter dogs it's about knowing when the event opens. Christine's idea may have some merit, puts the responsibility on the owners which wouldn't hurt my feelings too much. But on the other hand I would be disappointed to see a clients dog not get entered when they needed just that one more pass or something.

This is how my trainer handles it.. As the owner, it is MY responsibility to get my dog entered. He gives me a heads up as to what tests I should enter.. and He iwll generally send me a text as a reminder to get my dog in....Or I will do the same if I happen to see that a test is open....If it is really important to me, I will drop everything and get my dog in.. If it isnt a priority.. I can roll the dice. I guess my trainer puts the game plan in the dog owners hands.

As I mentioned in an earlier post... a couple of weeks ago, he called me at 10pm Mtn time (11 pm in Texas where he is) My heart dropped, as no good news comes that late... But the call was to get my dog entered in Rose Country.

I pulled off my truck and horse trailer off to the side of the road, and entered her that very minute, on my phone.BTW.. do you know what a pain in the rear it is to enter a dog on EE on a smart phone! .. Anyhow.. It was important to me to get her in, and I approached the situation with the appropriate urgency to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Maddox View Post
    I haven't really given this next statement a lot of thought; but, wouldn't the problem be solved if pro's couldn't enter dogs... Hear me out. I am not talking about them not handling the dogs. EE could set up the system so that the owner/co-owner of the dog must be the one to enter the dog. Takes the headaches away from the pro's on entry fees as the owner would have to pay at the time of entry. Takes away the problem of a pro entering 20 dogs at one time thereby giving everyone the same opportunity to get their dog entered..........just a thought. Good, bad, indifferent............Now that I have put this out there, I'll think of all the drawbacks.
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad B View Post
    You are for sure doing it wrong. I timed myself (several times today) and it takes me about 2 min. to enter. That's anywhere from 6 master dogs to 1 junior dog. Granted, I do have my CC # memorized and can type close to 60 WPM and ten key is over 120 WPM. But I can't imagine what you're doing for 20 min. even with the slowest interweb speeds.
    Brad you have to remember that Cary and I grew up in a world where everything was done on paper. Heck, toddlers these days know more about technology than even existed when I was in college. So, being slow, comes naturally to dinosaurs.... Sorry Cary...
    Bill Davis

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Mtn View Post
    This is how my trainer handles it.. As the owner, it is MY responsibility to get my dog entered. He gives me a heads up as to what tests I should enter.. and He iwll generally send me a text as a reminder to get my dog in....Or I will do the same if I happen to see that a test is open....If it is really important to me, I will drop everything and get my dog in.. If it isnt a priority.. I can roll the dice. I guess my trainer puts the game plan in the dog owners hands.

As I mentioned in an earlier post... a couple of weeks ago, he called me at 10pm Mtn time (11 pm in Texas where he is) My heart dropped, as no good news comes that late... But the call was to get my dog entered in Rose Country.

I pulled off my truck and horse trailer off to the side of the road, and entered her that very minute, on my phone.BTW.. do you know what a pain in the rear it is to enter a dog on EE on a smart phone! .. Anyhow.. It was important to me to get her in, and I approached the situation with the appropriate urgency to get in.

But Rose Country wasn't limited. And good luck to your dog this weekend!
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Brad you have to remember that Cary and I grew up in a world where everything was done on paper. Heck, toddlers these days know more about technology than even existed when I was in college. So, being slow, comes naturally to dinosaurs.... Sorry Cary...
    Ok Bill but I am a YOUNG dinosaur!!

What I want to say though is that a couple of those on this forum have PM'ed me and already given me some help. They also have told me to contact them if I still have problems. I intend to take a dry run on EE and see if I understand their shortcuts. Many times help comes via a PM and most people do not realize how kind many are. I thank them and want all to know of their courtesy.