The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK Hunts - Big thanks to Richard Davis and Tim West/Aaaron Kelly Duck Club of OK

Default OK Hunts - Big thanks to Richard Davis and Tim West/Aaaron Kelly Duck Club of OK

I wanted to post a public thanks to Rich Davis and also to Tim West, Aaron Kelly and Bill Johnson for some wonderful Oklahoma waterfowl hunts.

Richard and his family hosted me at their home. We had an awesome mallard hunt on a riverbed sandbar with Rich and his lease partner Russ. If I ever go again I want to meet the famous Pastor too!

Rich and the young up-and-comer Deacon with the day's greenheads:

Bus in the dog blind back behind the layouts on the sandbar.

"Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

The Duck Club of OK hunt with Tim West, Aaron Kelly and Bill Johnson-

The reason the ducks hit the fields: Peanuts

The Crew that hunted with Tim from left. Back Row: Don, Rene, Larry. Front Row: Bus, me

Our grand host Tim West and myself after the last day:

Bus scans the sky at the Beaverdam hunt:

Don and Larry at the end of an evening peanut field shoot:

It was an incredible time on all 4 days of hunting. Excellent calling, expert decoy setting, beautiful grounds with plenty of birds....

Really a topnotch trip.

Thanks to Richard Davis and his family as well as to Tim, Bill Aaron and the Duck Club crew.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Looks like a great hunt.

Good group of guys. Glad you enjoyed the hunt.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Looks like a cool gang to hunt with, Chris. Thanks for postin up the photos.

But why aren't you sportin some face paint? A clean face like that needs some.
    Last edited by SjSmith; 02-11-2014 at 06:21 PM.
    If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Looks like a great time, man that river looks terribly low, or maybe thats normal???

That Rich is a good guy....if he can stay away from the gas station burritos.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

VP7692.jpgHey Stretch,

I actually wore a face mask entire time while hunting.

I'm not a "headnet" kind of guy either. Maybe next season it's time to grow out a mini-stretch.

Although I may wind up looking like one of these guys:

http://images.thewirelesscatalog.com...lar/VP7692.jpg

Tim, Aaron and the Duck Club of Ok do a great job. We had a great hunt last year, couldnt make it this year.
    Remember there are no ducks in Oklahoma.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBoley View Post
    Tim, Aaron and the Duck Club of Ok do a great job. We had a great hunt last year, couldnt make it this year.
    Remember there are no ducks in Oklahoma.
    Oh I know that. Aaron's from Texas. I forgot to write that.

Good point Mike.

By the way, this was January 6th - the coldest recorded day of the winter in my hometown. My wife has pointed it out to me that I was "down south" shooting ducks, while they were back here shoveling out.

Chris