The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: westminister

Default westminister

What was that black thing that stood by the sign that said Labrador Retriever. I thought it would need doggie cpr after its waddle around the ring.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Poor rep of a great breed

Golden should have won
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX

It's ok... we think the same thing at hunt tests when we look at the catalog and see "labrador retriever" yet a solid colored whippet walks to the line.

Pauli is a fabulous example of the breed and I congratulate her owners, breeder and handler, all of whom I'm thrilled to call friends.

Guess they forgot the part of the standard that reads able to hunt all day in the Field that dog was obese! It was a poor representation of the breed. Nicole do you own a lab that can retrieve?
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

I agree Nicole.

Just watched it and agree with you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    It's ok... we think the same thing at hunt tests when we look at the catalog and see "labrador retriever" yet a solid colored whippet walks to the line.

Pauli is a fabulous example of the breed and I congratulate her owners, breeder and handler, all of whom I'm thrilled to call friends.
    Thanks for leaving your chair at agility, I used it.
    The Labrador looked cumbersome, non athletic in a sporting group. I would love to see the Labrador do well in the show ring. The standard says clearly that well muscled and not fat is what is expected. The show group would do well to start looking at the "whippets" at the field events and see what the Labrador is supposed to be. Someone, Albert E. I think said "doing the same thing and expecting different results is insane". Anyway, if you want to look at real labs, you know where to find me.

I think the judge that put that dog up didnt understand this portion of the standard.

Above all, a Labrador Retriever must be well balanced, enabling it to move in the show ring or work in the field with little or no effort. The typical Labrador possesses style and quality without over refinement, and substance without lumber or cloddiness. The Labrador is bred primarily as a working gun dog; structure and soundness are of great importance.

The bench folks are so concerned about hieght they use a wicket, maybe they should buy a scale,

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Towler View Post
    Thanks for leaving your chair at agility, I used it.
    The Labrador looked cumbersome, non athletic in a sporting group. I would love to see the Labrador do well in the show ring. The standard says clearly that well muscled and not fat is what is expected. The show group would do well to start looking at the "whippets" at the field events and see what the Labrador is supposed to be. Someone, Albert E. I think said "doing the same thing and expecting different results is insane". Anyway, if you want to look at real labs, you know where to find me.
    Right on, brother.
    Funny you mention Albert Einstein...who never, I assume...won any beauty contest. ha
    Charlotte Kaiser: " The Problem Lies In The Talent."