The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 MN at Cooper Black

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    Seems to be plenty of lodging within a 45 min drive.
    that's about as close as you'll get without renting a house
    Darrin Greene

Just wanted to relay some information about the hotel/restaurant situation for the 2015 Master National. Hotel rooms: 245 rooms in Cheraw (15 minutes from grounds), 377 rooms in Hartsville (15 minutes from grounds) and 1000+ rooms in Florence (45-50 minutes from the grounds). Plus, there are numerous camp sites, lodges and cabins within 15-20 minutes from the grounds. Restaurants are plentiful as there is everything from your local food places to your chain restaurants such as Applebees, Outback, etc.

Further information will be provided on the Master National website and Cooper River Retriever Club of South Carolina's Facebook page.

Michelle Love
    Co-Chair
    2015 Master National
    Cheraw, SC

Wow, I love Cooper Black, but a 700 dog MN is going to be a tall task on the grounds. I am sure they will make it work and work well, but that's a lot of dogs on those grounds
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I'm guessing they will use Moree's Shooting Preserve that is just down the rd. Have been using it for some of the HT stakes for a few yrs now. I have a guest house someone can stay in but I'm about 2:15 from CB

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Wow, I love Cooper Black, but a 700 dog MN is going to be a tall task on the grounds. I am sure they will make it work and work well, but that's a lot of dogs on those grounds

The grounds in the area should not be a problem, with Moree's and others. As far as hotel rooms, the quality falls off in Cheraw pretty quickly after the Quality Inn. Hartsville is a great option. If we are locked out of Cheraw or Hartsville, we usually stay in Laurinburg. It is about 40 minutes from the grounds and has good hotel and restaurant options. The downside is that you go through Society Hill on the way to the grounds. Watch your speed limit in Society Hill, for sure.

On a 2 day HT I usually leave my house at 5:30 am and run Saturday and stay the night at the Q Inn then come home after running Sunday. I have driven it back and forth a few times. It's doable so if anyone needs a place to stay in a pinch I have room.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    The grounds in the area should not be a problem, with Moree's and others. As far as hotel rooms, the quality falls off in Cheraw pretty quickly after the Quality Inn. Hartsville is a great option. If we are locked out of Cheraw or Hartsville, we usually stay in Laurinburg. It is about 40 minutes from the grounds and has good hotel and restaurant options. The downside is that you go through Society Hill on the way to the grounds. Watch your speed limit in Society Hill, for sure.
    Definitely watch your speed limit in Society Hill!! If you're even thinking about going above the speed limit there you will get a ticket.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Bennettsville, is 20 minutes from the grounds and has two small hotels and limited dinning.

Is the Jameson Inn still there? Just curious why no one mentioned it.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Is the Jameson Inn still there? Just curious why no one mentioned it.
    Jameson Inn is my favorite place to stay if near or on the way to a trial. Nice clean not to $ and dogs ok in room.
    Think the Jameson in Cheraw is now a Quality Inn. might be ok if they allow dogs.
    Most all the motels within range of event will be 3rd tier type Budget Inns etc.
    Last edited by Breck; 03-05-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie