The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Dogta PL

Default Dogta PL

What are yall's thoughts on the Dogtra PL box launcher. Looking at getting one to work into my training to work diversions with since I train alone most of the time, and to use in training for upland in the future. The price is one thing that really draws me to this.

http://shop.dogtra.com/pl-launcher/

Or would y'all recommend I wait it out and save the money to go with a zinger or gunners up box launcher.

I have some DIY electronic set-ups that I hope to use on them but don't know if they will be compatible to any of them.

Thanks for any info and opinions.

$405 seems a bit steep( needs the electronics to work), I would have to look at the DT sytems launcher, A bit cheaper and I like mine. Not much for launching a bumper, but gets a bird up great for a controlled flush.
    "Owned by Three AWS's"

Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

There are things you just can't fix. Can't fix stupid, can't fix a neutered dog & you can't fix junk!

American Water Spaniel Club, AKC - Parent Club
    http://www.americanwaterspanielclub.org/

Robert "BAYDOG" Goodman

I would save up for the bigger box launchers. Small ones just don't throw high enough IMO. Also with the bigger ones you can use the primer with the shot. I have 2 GU and like them. Great throw with 3 inch bumpers or smaller ducks like rignecks. Big enough throw for long marks.