The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inspired By the dog food ranking thread....

Default Inspired By the dog food ranking thread....

Been feeding Purina Pro Plan Sport 30/20 but hearing a lot about Dr. Tim's 30/20 food. Anybody every compared the two?? Are they that different?

Quote Originally Posted by CodyC View Post
    Been feeding Purina Pro Plan Sport 30/20 but hearing a lot about Dr. Tim's 30/20 food. Anybody every compared the two?? Are they that different?
    The ingredients are quite different. PPP actually has more kCal/kg. Dr. Tim's has no corn.

Only way really to tell is to try your dog on it and see what happens.

I think you can talk ingredients forever, but the only real question that matters is how the individual pup in question tries the food. Which ever food works better is the better for that situation. Any other broad statements about X being better than Y are often over reaching.

I guess I should first find if it's even possible to get Dr. Tims where I am at. I hate switching foods back and forth so i thought I would try to get some info from someone that is already feeding it.

I guess I should first find if it's even possible to get Dr. Tims where I am at. I hate switching foods back and forth so i thought I would try to get some info from someone that is already feeding it.
    You order it from petflow.com or chewy.com online they ship it to your door for free. You set up when to have it delieverd. http://www.petflow.com/explorer/brand/dr-tims heres one. heres the other http://www.chewy.com/s/dr-tims

Cool. Thanks a lot.

Makes no sense to me, People swear by purina pro plan, people swear by Dr. Tims. Thing I don't understand is that with science and technology the way it is today, there should be a definition of what ingredients are best for a working dog.

there should be a definition of what ingredients are best for a working dog.
    There are many definitions and opinions of a working dog, just like there is dog food.

Marissa Everett

Instead of focusing on what’s missing, learn to appreciate what’s already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa E. View Post
    There are many definitions and opinions of a working dog, just like there is dog food.
    Yeah but it seems like this day and time, they would know if one ingredient is better for a animal than another.

You can't just compare ingredients. Two "Chicken Meal" ingredients can be very different. One can have a very high bone/ash content and have a limited amount of the protein or amino acids you would expect from that ingredient. I think if you tried both foods, you would come to a pretty clear decision as to which has better ingredients.

Orijen.....
    GMPR HR Snickelfritz of Bear Point SH "Fritz"