RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Inspired By the dog food ranking thread....

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  CodyC 
#1 ·
Been feeding Purina Pro Plan Sport 30/20 but hearing a lot about Dr. Tim's 30/20 food. Anybody every compared the two?? Are they that different?

#2 ·
The ingredients are quite different. PPP actually has more kCal/kg. Dr. Tim's has no corn.

Only way really to tell is to try your dog on it and see what happens.

#3 ·
I think you can talk ingredients forever, but the only real question that matters is how the individual pup in question tries the food. Which ever food works better is the better for that situation. Any other broad statements about X being better than Y are often over reaching.

#6 ·
Cool. Thanks a lot.

Makes no sense to me, People swear by purina pro plan, people swear by Dr. Tims. Thing I don't understand is that with science and technology the way it is today, there should be a definition of what ingredients are best for a working dog.

#9 ·
You can't just compare ingredients. Two "Chicken Meal" ingredients can be very different. One can have a very high bone/ash content and have a limited amount of the protein or amino acids you would expect from that ingredient. I think if you tried both foods, you would come to a pretty clear decision as to which has better ingredients.

#14 ·
Well maybe I will give it a try. My dog's poop varies but sometimes it is not as consistent as it should be. It seems to be pretty reputable from the people that I have talked to about. So much hype on PPP I didn't think it could get much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.