The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 141

Thread: VW/UAW/Tennessee

  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Imagine that. PBS produces a documentary exposing what the Koch's are up to, and they don't run it because they are afraid of losing that funding. Looks like they got just what they wanted...
    Money talks and bs walks. Meaning that their cheap talk wasn't going to get them anywhere.

    BTW they are up there funding the liberal rep. candidates which Rove supports. They are really big government people which want to take smaller steps to achieve the goal instead of the leaps and bounds we are currently taking.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 03-03-2014 at 10:13 AM.

  2. #102
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    On the right it is Freedom Partners, on the left it is Climate Action, as examples - explain the difference? Both funded by very wealthy folks who want a say!
    There is big money on the left and big money on the right. If you're saying that is not the best system to have, I would agree.

    However, if you are really looking for a difference, consider that more of the "big" money on the left comes from a whole bunch of "little people" pooling their modest contributions ... e.g; labor union PACs, for one ... while the big money on the right is more likely to come from "very wealthy folks who want a say". The former is easier for me to accept ... seems like each dollar represents the wishes of more people that way.

    You're good at searching the inter web. It won't be difficult to find supporting evidence if you really want to.

    JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    667

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    There is big money on the left and big money on the right. If you're saying that is not the best system to have, I would agree.

    However, if you are really looking for a difference, consider that more of the "big" money on the left comes from a whole bunch of "little people" pooling their modest contributions ... e.g; labor union PACs, for one ... while the big money on the right is more likely to come from "very wealthy folks who want a say". The former is easier for me to accept ... seems like each dollar represents the wishes of more people that way.

    You're good at searching the inter web. It won't be difficult to find supporting evidence if you really want to.

    JS
    Care to back that up with something other than an opinion? $100 mil from a bunch of Billionaires does not appear to
    lend credibility top your statement. & I spend little time on the web.

    I'm also a "little guy" financially - the last thing I do is give my money to a PAC - Though I do support organizations
    I'm sure you would classify as "right wing", I consider them "moderate" .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  5. #105
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Care to back that up with something other than an opinion? $100 mil from a bunch of Billionaires does not appear to
    lend credibility top your statement. & I spend little time on the web.

    I'm also a "little guy" financially - the last thing I do is give my money to a PAC - Though I do support organizations
    I'm sure you would classify as "right wing", I consider them "moderate" .
    I thought I implied I would leave the "internet link search" to you. I'm sure it's not that hard to find whatever numbers you want.

    However, Dan did just post up a site that indicates of the top 100 individual contributors, about 2/3 of their $$ went to the elephants.

    (Just for the record, I am not vouching for the credibility of that source, but that doesn't seem to be that important to you anyway. )

    JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

  6. #106
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Sounds like Bush was reading from Jackson's play book when in 2002 when he was pushing for 5.5 million new homes for minorities and a commitment of $440 billion dollars to make sure that happens.
    Dang, their they go again....BUSH DID IT! What a bunch of anal extract!

  7. #107
    Senior Member Breck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Elverson, PA
    Posts
    2,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    .
    What? Ony one person on the Top 100 list is a field trialer.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

    .
    Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie




  8. #108
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Dang, their they go again....BUSH DID IT! What a bunch of anal extract!

    Did you forget about Bush's "Ownership Society?"

    Maybe this will jog your memory.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/bu...anted=all&_r=0

    There is a LOT more where that came from. Just google "Bush's Ownership Society."
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    I thought I implied I would leave the "internet link search" to you. I'm sure it's not that hard to find whatever numbers you want.

    However, Dan did just post up a site that indicates of the top 100 individual contributors, about 2/3 of their $$ went to the elephants.

    (Just for the record, I am not vouching for the credibility of that source, but that doesn't seem to be that important to you anyway. )

    JS
    I really don't know how you arrived at the 2/3 number when the top 3 donkey donors account for almost the total amount of the bottom 16 elephants. There is that fuzzy math again.

    Why don't we look at the top five? Around 2 million (90%) 4 out of 5 to democrat. 264k (10%) to republican 1 of the top 5. See you can do anything with statistics.

  10. #110
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,782

    Default

    This is a ridiculous discussion considering the prevalence of 501 (c)(4) organizations who do not need to divulge the identity of their donors. None of us has any idea how much is being spent and by whom.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •