The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Einstein E Collars

You have to get one in your hand to understand how nice the hockey puck is.

I signed up as a dealer since the last post and have about 50 in the field now. I have had two issues thus far, one with a collar I owned personally and one with a client collar. Both were replaced immediately FOC and a return label sent.

Service has been great so far with any issues and ordering has been very easy.

Not sure how many out of 100 we'll have issues with yet but I doubt it will be 4. The product is very well made.
    Darrin Greene

Darrin do you understand what they mean by "blunt" stimulation compared to others stimulation??

The way I understood it Todd, the "bumps" in the continuous stim are slightly longer and less pronounced than other collars. As you know "continuous" is, in reality, pulsating stim.
    Darrin Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DarrinGreene View Post
    The way I understood it Todd, the "bumps" in the continuous stim are slightly longer and less pronounced than other collars. As you know "continuous" is, in reality, pulsating stim.
    Makes sence, have you tried it on yourself? Does it seem different that other collars? I'm one of those guys that tries the collar on my hand to see what it really feels like, have always had TT and bought a dogtra so wanted to see what the setting was on a dogtra compared to the 4 that i normally run my dogs on with the TT. Best I could come up with was a TT med4 nick was a dogtra 80% on the collar I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Caswell View Post
    Makes sence, have you tried it on yourself? Does it seem different that other collars? I'm one of those guys that tries the collar on my hand to see what it really feels like, have always had TT and bought a dogtra so wanted to see what the setting was on a dogtra compared to the 4 that i normally run my dogs on with the TT. Best I could come up with was a TT med4 nick was a dogtra 80% on the collar I had.
    I've had it in my hand but I never tried to compare one collar to the other. I have only converted one dog over and it wasn't apples to apples. I run a double receiver on the Einstien.
    Darrin Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DarrinGreene View Post
    You have to get one in your hand to understand how nice the hockey puck is.
    Having done that, I agree. It looks cumbersome but it feels nice. It is quite stealthy as well as it stays in the palm of your hand. If I had not known what I was looking at, I may have missed that these guys were using a collar. A little advantage for suburbanites.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    Having done that, I agree. It looks cumbersome but it feels nice. It is quite stealthy as well as it stays in the palm of your hand. If I had not known what I was looking at, I may have missed that these guys were using a collar. A little advantage for suburbanites.
    The 1 mile version is a bit larger and for my hands (I'm 5' 10") it's actually more comfortable.

I just set mine on continuous and use index finger for normal stim and middle finger for boost (fitting, isn't it?).

The only little pain in the butt is the two dog model where you have to use thumb and finger for boost. I think that's well offset by the fact that you have 1 button for each dog though, without having to look at the unit or flip a switch.

By the end of the year I'll have them custom printed with my logo on them. US assembly allows a small minimum order for custom work, which is awesome for those who want to use the product to promote their brand.
    Darrin Greene

If Einstein is doing so well, they ought to buy ad an on here like everyone else instead of using shills.

shill

NORTH AMERICAN informal
    noun
    1. an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

MP
    Last edited by Mike Perry; 07-05-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    The pain of regret is much worse than the pain of hard work.

the thread belongs in product reviews vs. here. otherwise it's not a violation of RTF rules. No one is advertising anything.
    Darrin Greene

I left my Dogtra's hanging after using Educator (Einstein) WF 1200 TS.