The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Big D...120 Master limit Full in less than 10 min,

Thumbs down Big D...120 Master limit Full in less than 10 min,

Wow....I think it has officially reached insane status.

my trainer called me to enter my dog, and I was online that minute.

got the master entry selected, and submitted my payment info, and got a red box saying that the test filled while I was putting my stuff in.

i heard thru the grapevine that someone that got dogs in said it filled in 8 minutes.

This is my first master dog....wondering if this is going to be disappointments like this over and over
    Last edited by Moose Mtn; 02-17-2014 at 06:58 PM.
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Dixie's Crimson Tide MH (Yup...a Golden!)

Marks-A-Lot's Irish Boy- AKA"The Pup"

wow
    just had a look at HT on the eastern circuit. Every event that is finalized and open for entries and has limited entry masters is sold out except for the one in Kinston.
    The one double master event I saw at the cattle ranch than has no limits had 150+ entries for A & B.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

30 dogs with one handler, wow.
    Kathleen

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you're not, in fact, just surrounded by a**holes" -William Gibson

This "limit" thing is a sad thing. I understand why and how's....even both sides of the game. Yet I'm so grateful that for the first time in ten years I DO NOT have a MHr........I'd be so very disappointed to save money, vacation time, family time, etc....to not even get to sign up in the EIGHT minutes given before filling up. Yes I know there are other weekends and other tests....but when you send a dog down for winter training, one would hope to run ONE test during that winter trip. Oh....could keep typing on and on. Many people have said many things, good and bad.....one common.....change is needed.... And as almost attending a funeral and giving condolences to the family.....I feel that is what I'm doing.....so sorry for all involved and so grateful I'm not a victim of this chaos. I hope this year when all meet for new rules and planning.....this issue is the ONLY thing that will be addressed. For we all are guilty of letting this sport get to this stupid level.......no one wins in the end...pros clients am's even the dogs.......

Yup, B. I was looking at that too.

For you secretaries out there: if a test fills and then you have scratches the week between closing and the test, do those spots just stay unfilled?

Maybe it isn't enough entries to worry about. Will AKC let you fill those spots?

Sue Puff
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

Why would a newbie even want to get involved in the game? If you bust your tail and are lucky enough to get a good dog and then you can't even run a hunt test? I personally think allowing one person to enter 30 is ridiculous. I don't know the answer but is making it impossible to get new people involved.
    ENJOY THE JOURNEY!!!

In the horse world we took care of this by limiting how many horses a rider(pro or am) could enter in a class. I will say as someone who is looking to get in to this game it is unsettling to think if I get the dog I am looking at I may not even be able to run him unless I get lucky or travel great distances. Making me rethink my goals and what I will put my effort in to.

Here is the thing. Many of us newbies are using a pro to get going in the game. But I don't understand the rule allowing the trainer to enter. It's a huge advantage when one person can enter 30 dogs with one click versus the owner entering them

i don't blame the clubs one bit for wanting to limit the entries especially if the pro isn't bringing help.to the test

there has GOT to be a better way
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Dixie's Crimson Tide MH (Yup...a Golden!)

Marks-A-Lot's Irish Boy- AKA"The Pup"

this is taking the little guy right out of AKC hunt tests and wasn't it created for the little guy?
    David Jansma
    The time you spend on earth with your dog is precious; enjoy it to your fullest

Scratches after close cannot be filled.