The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missouri Report

Default Missouri Report

Headed to Missouri to hunt snows this weekend. Anyone up there got a report on if they showed up yet or not? Going to be in NW Missouri.

Thanks,

Tony

Only 18,900 counted at Squaw Creek NWR. NW winds forecasted for the next week will keep the big push of birds held up for a while. Good luck, shoot 'em in the face!
    "Appears to have been a glitch or two." Sheriff Ed Tom Bell

Been seeming them pretty regularly for the last two days. Flying high and heading north. Scouting report from the Sedalia area. Good luck!!

North east is starting to get some in, I heard moderate flocks flying last night. I know a few guys putting spreads out this weekend.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Had a friend email me today saying he saw three big groups in central missouri this morning. He estimated around. 30-40k total.

You might kill some birds but as said above you're early.....the good news is that the snow is melting in NEMO and I assume it's melting in NWMO as well assuming it hasn't already.....don't think they got as much over there as we did over here. The bad news I guess is that there is more snow in the extended forecast and highs next week are supposed to be in the 20's again.....

Shawn....I haven't seen any light geese where I normally seen them. TONS of Canadas and Specks around though. Sat for half an hour on the side of the road after work today watching Canadas land all over a corn stubble field and in the creek next to it.

Yea guide just called and said no numbers yet…not good hunts so far this week. Trying to decide if we should go ahead and go or go on March 8-10 or just hold off till next year.

A buddy told me they were still killing them in Arkansas.
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

HRCH UH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) 1000 Point Club
    UH HR GCH Carolina's Wild March Hare SH JHR RAE OA OAJ WDX CGC TDI (Bunny)
    HR BISS GCH Carolina's Running with the Hare SH JHR RN WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    Carolina's Tale of the Hare (Bea)

Id take the march 8-10 hunt!!!!! We started picking up birds yesterday but %99 adults!! We are still frozen solid here and will be for awhile!!! Temps next week back down to 20's high single digits low.. Its going to be a yo-yo for a couple weeks
    "Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks, others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
    John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Prairie Pintail
    http://wilsonsretrievers.com/

We did! We got March 8 - 10 in Mound City. Appreciate the guide being honest with us before we made the 15 hour drive!