The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New suffix title QA2

Come-on people; we are always hearing the FT's are dieing, this will give the title chasers a FT title to put on their dogs, without having to compete in the Amateur or Open, might even bring in the Hunt test Pros. Most MH's could easily side into Quals, (double, blind, triple, blind all independent series) Of course they'd have to tweak the title so you could get something if you accumulated enough Jams, that would be QJA . A few of the newbies might go higher, it could save the entire venue. Just look what the MNH title did for the Hunt test. I'm just saying
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 02-19-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    That is what I was wondering. I am sure some would give it a try based on the title, some would be unhappy but some would do well and learn to love FTs and eventually we will have 200 dog opens, the AKC will finally let clubs limit, people will complain and so on
    Hate to use the word NEVER....but I will because it will force the hand of FT committee and you will see all the Open's become Limited

If having a designation such as QA2 does it for you, be my guest....we have 4 dogs that I guess we could go back and retroactively pay for the designation....but we wont, its not what we were chasing after
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Hate to use the word NEVER....but I will because it will force the hand of FT committee and you will see all the Open's become Limited

If having a designation such as QA2 does it for you, be my guest....we have 4 dogs that I guess we could go back and retroactively pay for the designation....but we wont, its not what we were chasing after
    Already added it to mine on EE

I have no objection to a QAA2, 3, etc. Nor do I have any objection to dogs remaining in the Qualifying. The up and comers are usually just passing through. Allowing dogs to remain in the Q would allow owners of older dogs who want to play on the weekends, but cannot play in the All Age, a place to have fun. But, like Ed, the designation means little to me in terms of getting a puppy.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

I find it distasteful that there will be no distinction between acquiring the "title" in an open to all comers "Q" and the "other" version.

I also find it problematic that limiting factor of having garnered the distinction in the previous calender year to be qualified to run certain limited AA stakes has not been addressed as yet.

... but ll in all it will make little to no difference to all but a few than using the old stand by ***

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    I find it distasteful that there will be no distinction between acquiring the "title" in an open to all comers "Q" and the "other" version.

I also find it problematic that limiting factor of having garnered the distinction in the previous calender year to be qualified to run certain limited AA stakes has not been addressed as yet.

... but ll in all it will make little to no difference to all but a few than using the old stand by ***

john
    Good Point John !!!
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

I get your point here , that would mean that anyone chasing a NFC or NAFC should not reconize the FC title ,because"its not what they are chasing after."

With all do respect to the seniors in this game ,I think that some have been at it so long that it gets somewhat "non meaningfull "unless you get a blue in the AA stakes. (I ever make it to the 3rd series in an AA stake,you can bet I will celebrate)

Right now, my pro is evaluating to see if my dog can compete in AA ,if not I was going to go back and work toward a MH , but the way that mess is shaping up.... forget it, we will probably no longer play the game as I see it as the end of the road in the games, we will still train for duck season 9 months out of the year and that will be about it. Which is what started my journey into this . I wanted a bad ass duck dog and got one. (and learned how hard it is to get one) Dont forget where you came from and dont look down on others that are there now.

To the average Joe that can earn a QAA, its like Lardy winning a national.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    [/B]
    I get your point here , that would mean that anyone chasing a NFC or NAFC should not reconize the FC title ,because"its not what they are chasing after."
    Yes, there is a class of FT folks for whom a FT win is simply part of the requirements for qualifying for the nationals every year. There are folks who disparage greenies. There are also a lot of folks who run week in and week out and never finish AA stakes but set their own standards for success.

It is like that in most endeavors. There are some who are looking to win major tournaments and some who cant break 100.

However, I am sure that Bon and any of the FT folks you get to know on your journey would be the first to congratulate you on that first jam or placement in a Q, that first or second that earns you the designation, the first finish of an AA stake, the first win, etc. I know that has been the case with me. There is not a more welcoming group of folks I can think of than the FT community. I can assure you that Tiger Woods isn't going to call you when you first break 100, but a lot of top FT pros and amateurs called me with congratulations for every single milestone we have achieved, no matter how far beneath the level they were working towards.

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post

john

Can you clarify "other" Golden and Chessie specialty or OHQ ?
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

*** is a Golden and Chessie(?) designation not recognized by AKC.

I remember a guy running a Q I was judging with a 10 year old dog. If I recall he did not place but did Jam and was the most happy I have seen anyone in all the FT I have been to. On the other hand I saw a old veteran get a Jam ribbon in the open and throw it on the ground at the award ceremony.

Different outcomes as they can be.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan