The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: New suffix title QA2

What is an appropriate Qual size? I see people describing small Quals, however I've been to 3 and all of them were 40+ dogs, I've been going to sign up for others the lowest one I can recall was 27, The only O/H qual we've had in this area was 32. These seem like pretty large numbers to me, for a competition that only gives a 1st & 2nd for an (unoffical) QAA distinction and no points toward anything. Any other FT stake awards point for the other placements, which go toward your higher title, even the derby awards points toward derby list. In a Qual there's just a 1st or 2nd (now 2 of those might give you an offical title) still I'm not even sure why they give out 3rds & 4ths. To me it seem if they were going to do a Qual title they should've given the other placements points; and the title be the same as the other Ft titles (win + points) = Qa2, seems weird the change from tradition.
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 02-28-2014 at 01:52 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post
    What is an appropriate Qual size? I see people describing small Quals, however I've been to 3 and all of them were 40+ dogs, I've been going to sign up for others the lowest one I can recall was 27, The only O/H qual we've had in this area was 32. These seem like pretty large numbers to me, for a competition that only give a 1st & 2nd for an (unoffical) QAA distinction and no point toward any other title.
    Around here 20 is about average. 30 is large, but the OHQs tend to be on the larger side. There is a FT Q next weekend that has 9. That is the smallest one I have seen in a while.
    Last edited by DoubleHaul; 02-28-2014 at 02:23 PM.

In New England the O/H Quals generally run between 12 to 20 dogs.
    Mark