The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New suffix title QA2

Quote Originally Posted by Charles C. View Post
    I think it will be good for breeding purposes when looking back a few generations.
    Why would that matter, does anyone really make breeding decisions based on a bitch 3-4 generations back who had no title. It is just another revenue source for AKC nothing more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Why would that matter, does anyone really make breeding decisions based on a bitch 3-4 generations back who had no title. It is just another revenue source for AKC nothing more or less.
    I suppose you would at least know something about the dog, and I'm not sure it would only be relevant 3 or 4 generations back. There are goobers in the retriever games who would value a MH or even a SH over a QAA dog because the dog has no "title." I bred a bitch who had higher than a point per trial average in derbies and had 2 or 3 people ask me if she didn't at least have some kind of title.

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    So if your dog is already QAA and you are chasing the QA2 title .Will it in turn make it more competitive to get QAA (QA1), because of more dogs being re-entered in the qualifying stakes looking to put the QA2 title on ?

I think this would be the bigger issue....My pup got his QAA a few weeks ago and then we canceled any plans for him to compete in any other QAA trials out of respect for other dogs trying to reach the same level. Obviously, this could change all that, something I could handle if I could now say I have another title for this dog...
    Last edited by Spring; 02-19-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    SpringHill's Prince Charles MH QAA

I wonder if they will also change the eligibility to run Qs

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    I think this would be the bigger issue....My MH pup got his QAA a few weeks ago and then we canceled any plans for him to compete in any other QAA trials out of respect for other dogs trying to reach the same level. Obviously, this could change all that, something I could handle if I could now say I have another title for this dog...
    I don't think it will make that much difference. The pros and ams with the top dogs will still only do it as a check the box at the end of the derby career and move on to AA training. Unless they change the rules, the rest of the gang will still only be able to win two. If they change that, we will start seeing 100 dog Qs with all those MH dogs with nowhere else to go

I find it interesting that many of the folks that are not in favor of this have or had AA titled dogs. I also think most people with half a brain would know the difference when buying a pup that were FC/AFC , QAA, Derby list and so on. It certainly does not diminish the AA title. I also know a lot of really nice dogs that never got the win to title but had ample AA points. Once again you have to use your brain when selecting a pup. Also for a lot of folks to get a dog QAA is a big deal. Please dont be so snooty or snobby to down play their accomplishments. I am sure the QAA people are happy for you when you got your AA title. Think about it, folks spend thousands of dollars chasing a flippin 3 buck ribbon paying another 20 bucks who cares. If it does not mean anything to you then just wait until you AA title. Odds are that people that are against it will list the upcoming dog as QAA. Sure do see it in breeder ads "QAA at 26 months"
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Why would that matter, does anyone really make breeding decisions based on a bitch 3-4 generations back who had no title.
    Unfortunately it does matter in the minority FT breeds. Looking for FC or AFC parents or grandparents is a difficult task for Chesapeakes and Goldens and near impossible for Flats. Being able to identify those dogs with field talent but that were never able to quite reach the "brass ring" is of value in trying to preserve and hopefully advance these breeds.

Tim
    You order a Lab; ask a Golden; but negotiate with a Chesapeake!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    Sure do see it in breeder ads "QAA at 26 months"
    You sure do and on online pedigrees, so it is not surprising to me that AKC will legitimize it for a fee. That's how they roll. I think it is useful information, as is letting folks know how many AA points a dog has even though it does not title. I don't see any downside to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    I wonder if they will also change the eligibility to run Qs
    Do you think that all those that cant get into a Master test will now go to a FT and chase after a QA2

as Dr A stated its another revenue source for AKC
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Do you think that all those that cant get into a Master test will now go to a FT and chase after a QA2

as Dr A stated its another revenue source for AKC
    That is what I was wondering. I am sure some would give it a try based on the title, some would be unhappy but some would do well and learn to love FTs and eventually we will have 200 dog opens, the AKC will finally let clubs limit, people will complain and so on