The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New suffix title QA2

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    [/B]

I get your point here , that would mean that anyone chasing a NFC or NAFC should not reconize the FC title ,because"its not what they are chasing after."

With all do respect to the seniors in this game ,I think that some have been at it so long that it gets somewhat "non meaningfull "unless you get a blue in the AA stakes. (I ever make it to the 3rd series in an AA stake,you can bet I will celebrate)

Right now, my pro is evaluating to see if my dog can compete in AA ,if not I was going to go back and work toward a MH , but the way that mess is shaping up.... forget it, we will probably no longer play the game as I see it as the end of the road in the games, we will still train for duck season 9 months out of the year and that will be about it. Which is what started my journey into this . I wanted a bad ass duck dog and got one. (and learned how hard it is to get one) Dont forget where you came from and dont look down on others that are there now.

To the average Joe that can earn a QAA, its like Lardy winning a national.
    Not even the same thing

You ask any dedicated FT'er and they are after 3 things

1. Titles -FC & AFC's

2. Qualify for National Opens and National Amateurs

3. Winning one of those events

cant honestly remember anyone telling me they were just interested in making their dog QAA...if they did, then chances are they didnt stay in the sport very long...Look at Lanse Brown, he lives to qualify for Nationals, as he tells me the titles are a result of him qualifying for those Nationals..

I am not going to tell anyone what drives Ted S and DrA, because I have no idea, but they have had their share of titled dogs and I will make an educated guess that the FC AFC is not their only goal when they get a puppy..

Most of the people I know that are in FT arent satisfied with just competing,they love the placements, but if they got a 4th, they want a 3rd, and the hungriest guy/gal at the FT is the one that just got a 2nd place, He/She is proud as heck but knows that they were just a fraction away from a win, and that is what will bring them back next weekend
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    On the other hand I saw a old veteran get a Jam ribbon in the open and throw it on the ground at the award ceremony.
    Once I got roped in to chairing my breed clubs specialty conformation and obedience show. Someone threw away their ribbon that was the equivalent of a JAM. Didn't toss it on the ground in disgust or anything but just put it in the trash can on the way out of town. We had to hold a misconduct hearing.

Interesting Penn, that was my first thought on reading that one. Misconduct? Or is brattiness accepted in the upper levels?
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    Once I got roped in to chairing my breed clubs specialty conformation and obedience show. Someone threw away their ribbon that was the equivalent of a JAM. Didn't toss it on the ground in disgust or anything but just put it in the trash can on the way out of town. We had to hold a misconduct hearing.
    Lanse made a point to tell me once that when he gets a "Greenie" that he makes an EXTRA effort to write a letter to the FT Sec'y and the Judges to thank them for putting on the trial...and Yes I have seen a disgusted individual toss a Jam in a receptacle, because I retrieved it out of the receptacle and put it back in their truck along with a sympathetic talk,maybe it wasnt what they wanted, maybe it was more than they deserved,but its disrespectful to those that took the time to judge you to cast their evaluation into the garbage
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Well put Bon Mallari Post #32 . FTers may appear tough but we recognize effort , achievement and most strive to always do better hand-in-paw w/ their dog.

Vote no in March.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

No problem with the title, but, how about 100 plus dog qualifyings tied to a hunt test in a owner handler..and same old same old ? Some of the titles I see behind a dogs name now I can't cypher ..
    Earl Dillow

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Interesting Penn, that was my first thought on reading that one. Misconduct? Or is brattiness accepted in the upper levels?
    I had only been in the sport a few months but knew what it took to get to a open jam level dog. If I judged or witnessed that now we would have a a meeting of the FT committee. That was poor sportsman ship in a text book form.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Not even the same thing

You ask any dedicated FT'er and they are after 3 things

1. Titles -FC & AFC's

2. Qualify for National Opens and National Amateurs

3. Winning one of those events

cant honestly remember anyone telling me they were just interested in making their dog QAA...if they did, then chances are they didnt stay in the sport very long...Look at Lanse Brown, he lives to qualify for Nationals, as he tells me the titles are a result of him qualifying for those Nationals..

I am not going to tell anyone what drives Ted S and DrA, because I have no idea, but they have had their share of titled dogs and I will make an educated guess that the FC AFC is not their only goal when they get a puppy..

Most of the people I know that are in FT arent satisfied with just competing,they love the placements, but if they got a 4th, they want a 3rd, and the hungriest guy/gal at the FT is the one that just got a 2nd place, He/She is proud as heck but knows that they were just a fraction away from a win, and that is what will bring them back next weekend
    Agian ,thats because you've been around it for so long that that is the "group" you are in. You've been at it so long that ,thats what your expectations are and if that cant be reached ,then you didnt accomplish your goal. Myself ,my goal is to see how far I can get, I got to QAA and am unsure of the road ahead because I've never traveled it, you have been down the road enough times that you know the way to the destination.

If a millionaire won $5000 in the lottery it would mean very little to him ,but if an average guy won $5000 it would be huge.... its still $5000 no matter who won,but the value is different per each winner.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    Can you clarify "other" Golden and Chessie specialty or OHQ ?
    It is not just the Golden's and Chessy's specialties where the AKC puts limitations on the value of the placement.... a win at the Labador specialty has the same restrictive value when being counted toward the requirement for the FC or AFC title.

But in the post above I was refering to the OH/Q

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 02-19-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"