The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New suffix title QA2

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Lanse made a point to tell me once that when he gets a "Greenie" that he makes an EXTRA effort to write a letter to the FT Sec'y and the Judges to thank them for putting on the trial...and Yes I have seen a disgusted individual toss a Jam in a receptacle, because I retrieved it out of the receptacle and put it back in their truck along with a sympathetic talk,maybe it wasnt what they wanted, maybe it was more than they deserved,but its disrespectful to those that took the time to judge you to cast their evaluation into the garbage
    I have judged Lanse a few times. He has always gone out of his way to thank us for our time weather he was winning the trial or picking up in the 1st series. Speaking with him I know he means it.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    It is not just the Golden's and Chessy's specialties where the AKC puts limitations on the value of the placement.... a win at the Labador specialty has the same restrictive value when being counted toward rhe requirement for the FC or AFC title.

But in the post above I was refering to the OH/Q

john
    I feel they should ad these as exceptions and not count towards a title. You can not use a AA win towards a AA title, the points yes.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

I will agre that most in the FT game are in it for the "N" or AFC/FC designation. Myself included. But will give credit that the QAA dog is not the average backyard poop eater.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Lanse made a point to tell me once that when he gets a "Greenie" that he makes an EXTRA effort to write a letter to the FT Sec'y and the Judges to thank them for putting on the trial...and Yes I have seen a disgusted individual toss a Jam in a receptacle, because I retrieved it out of the receptacle and put it back in their truck along with a sympathetic talk,maybe it wasnt what they wanted, maybe it was more than they deserved,but its disrespectful to those that took the time to judge you to cast their evaluation into the garbage

Last time Lanse ran our trial, he got a green with one of his dogs in the Am. He jumped up out of his chair, big smile on his face, thanking everyone for putting on a great trial on his way to grab the ribbon. He also made sure to shake both judge's hands thanking them for the JAM. That made a huge impression on me and a few other people in attendance. Lanse is a great guy, and he sets a great example.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

At any of the Specialties, if a dog qualifies to become AA, that is accepted by the AKC. The win in an AA stake does not count towards the title as the win needed, but can count as 5 pts towards that title. It can, combined with other points, qualify a dog for a National.

Quite a few years back, in a Chessie Specialty, the judges withheld first and second place in the Qual as they did not feel any of the competitors were worthy of being QAA. This resulted in the AKC coming up with new regulations to prevent the withholding of first or second place unless they withheld all the placements.

Glenda

I know for me , who is just starting to dabble in FTs, a QAA title is a worthy goal to start. In 5 years it might not mean as much , but right now I would be THRILLED to be able to put QA2 behind my dogs name....vote yes
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    I feel they should ad these as exceptions and not count towards a title. You can not use a AA win towards a AA title, the points yes.
    These exceptions toward the QA2 suffix title. Just the required points being earned at specialties or at the O/H Q's as well?

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

The Board of Directors made the proposal to be voted on by the AKC delegates in June, the vast majority of the delegates are conformation people and will likely rubber stamp the proposal so be not despaired, since they have already printed the application the passage was a foregone conclusion.

Since when did the term Title apply to letters following a dogs name? People simply start saying it and it becomes so. ?
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Micah Duffy View Post
    Here you go...

QA2 - New Retriever Field Trial Title
    The Board VOTED to amend Chapter 14 of the Field Trial Rules & Standard Procedures for
    Retrievers to create a new suffix title called Qualified All-Age 2 (QA2) that can be earned in
    Retriever Field Trials. The title is earned when a dog on two occasions has met the qualifications
    to enter the Limited All-Age stake. The QA2 title is meant to acknowledge an intermediate level of
    achievement in order to encourage participants to remain active in the sport and their club. This
    will be read at the March Delegate meeting for a VOTE at the June Delegate meeting.

Chapter 14, Section 14 (new section)
    SECTION 14. QA2 Title. (Qualified All-Age 2) A Retriever shall be eligible to be
    awarded the suffix title QA2 if on two occasions it has met the requirements to
    participate in a Limited All-Age stake. The owner of a dog that is eligible for the
    QA2 title shall submit a title application form developed by the Performance
    Events Department along with a nominal processing fee. Once the qualifications
    have been verified, the title shall be added to the dog’s record. The title will
    appear on the dog’s pedigree. The submittal of the title application form is up to
    the discretion of the owner. The QA2 title application form can be found one the
    AKC website at
    www.akc.org/events/fieldtrials/retrievers
    Link doesn't work
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)